Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bon Fire . . .I love you, but I don't miss the way you smell

I grew up on beach bon fires in the summer. It was the perfect way to spend a Friday or Saturday night. It was great for Family night, friend night and date night- quite the versatile activity.
One time a group of friends and I ran out of fire wood. My brother Sean had brought his guitar and he happens to be a fantastic performer. He made up a little song and with a small group went from camp fire to neighboring campfire singing "we need some wood" and strumming his guitar. They came back with a load that lasted us the rest of the night.

This is another brother who wanted the marshmallows to look like eyeballs! He's so funny!

We had a great time with the Petersen's, the Hendrickson's and the Carrillo's and the Perry's, oh yeah and Tyler and a friend of his showed up toward the end.



Holding their feet to the fire.


Raia wasn't too sure about her first beach trip . . .
I love this shot of Cambria even though Shari and Dave are mad dogging her.:) Or maybe it's me they are upset with . . .

The beautiful newlyweds . . .





















It was kind of chilly so I had to cuddle with Bubba.












I think Shari and Dave are so cute because they still cuddle.









My wonderful Dad caught up in the lure of the fire . . .
























I wish I had gotten everyone in a picture- thanks for the fun!

2 comments:

Tiffanyk10 said...

Cambria looks so beautiful and grown up in that picture. I love beach bon fires to!!!

Sharie said...

Hey Amy...we weren't mad dogging you, or maybe we WERE! HaHaHa! We had such a great time with your whole family. They are really great people. Thanks for posting these pictures, it's fun to be able to look back on the good stuff in life.
Hope all is well there. We miss the heck out of you guys!