Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update three

Kai finally got his insurance and the Mayo clinic to work together- unfortunately the soonest he can begin testing is tomorrow.

That means two days in AZ doing nothing but waiting. Frustrating for the wife in NV. But at least things are getting done.

Tomorrow's agenda:
EEG
Blood work
MRI

Just so you know, even though Kai's condition is quite serious he feels just fine and is in good spirits as well as good hands. To look at him you'd never know he had a problem.

I am okay, too. Through all of this I have learned not to speculate or guess at causes because we don't know until we know. I have also learned to save my worry for when it can actually do some good- if worry can ever do any good. Once we get a diagnosis, then We'll know what direction to take. Being close to my Heavenly Father has helped tremendously.

Thank you to all of you wonderful people who offered your AZ homes to us. Thank you to John and Jayme Dosdall who wanted to see their names specifically thanked in my blog. Kai is having a great time reliving his college days with his old roomie Bobo. Thank you to Lana for talking to the insurance co. Thank you to all of the people who have donated their time and money and prayers to help us.

In happy news: Kai and I got a new nephew today.
Little Charlie was born to Ben and Amanda Davis this morning.
I can't wait to meet him and hold him.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

still a great attitude!

congrats on the new baby!

My Many Coloured Days said...

First of all, your weather sidebar is killing me - low of 12 high of 25 here today!

Also, my prayers have been so full and specific, and I appreciate all your updates so I know what to ask for. I know He hears and answers prayers, here's hoping you find out what the heck is going on soon enough. Love ya.

Chelsey said...

Oh Bobo.