Mayo Clinic. Scottsdale, Arizona.
Dr. Noe says Kai's MRI is very abnormal and says time is not on our side. The swelling in Kai's brain is of serious concern. At any moment Kai could have a stroke that alters his health quite severely.
If our insurance approves three new MRI's they will happen as early as this afternoon.
Tests to follow- for lack of the scientific name- a catheter test that pushes dye (and electrodes?) up near his heart. Dr. Noe says this is the gold standard of tests and should tell them what they need to know. If this is unsuccessful, a brain tissue biopsy is not off the table.
Other tests to be performed: EEG, spinal tap, blood work.
We are thankful to finally have a doctor that seems as concerned about Kai's health as we are.
I was unable to go with Kai on his journey for various reasons. His Dad went with him. I feel helpless here. I hope to join him later on in the week.
Glitter Shoot! Child Photogrpher: Mesquite, NV
-
I am the proud mama of these two little beauties (who are growing up WAY
faster than I would like them too). This glitter shoot is something I had
been w...





9 comments:
Amy, I find myself checking your blog on a daily basis to hear any new news....I can't even imagine what you must be going through to find out what the problem is, let alone finding a fix. If there is anything at all, even being so far away, that we might can do for you...please let us know. You are in our thoughts & prayers. Love you both and hope to hear of some hopeful news.
Oh my gosh, I hope that it doesn't come to a stroke. And I hope that Kai can find some answers in AZ. I'm sad that you aren't here too but call me if and when you decide to come! As always, we are praying for you.
Oh my, that is not good news! I hope that he gets the answers and help that he needs soon! You both are in our thoughts and prayers! I hope that you get to be with him soon.
Amy, Hi! Just got home from Utah and am now hearing the bad news. How can I help you get to AZ. Call me!
oh my goodness. All of you, praying, thinking, hoping, wishing this dr. and the mayo clinic will bring you the answers and care you need. This just breaks my heart. Amy your strength to even find time to keep us all updated is amazing. Call me anytime.
I am with JoAnna, I am always checking in to see what the update is. I am so sorry that I am not there to give you a hug! Please know that you and your whole family are loved and thought of often by us here in Idaho! :) prayers and thoughts are with your family!
Amy my heart aches for your family,I can not imagine what you are going through. even though I am far away if you need anything or just to talk I am here for you. You are in my prayers and thoughts daily. I hope you get to be with Kai soon, I wish I was nearby to help with the kids. XOXO to all of you, keep us informed whenever you have a moment.
amy, i don't know what to say. it is good that you have a good dr. - i think we just don't like what he is saying.
i hope you get some answers. you're in my prayers.
Amy, where are they staying? My house is open to both of them! Please let me know if they need a place to stay!! Good luck, you're ALL in my prayers!!!
Lindsey
Post a Comment