This morning welcomed me with heartbreak and heavy sadness. I have had my suspicions for a few days now and today my fears were realized. Good-bye imagined youth. Good-bye 20 year old image of myself. I must lay you to rest with a final farewell. It is time . . . that I . . .embrace the full maturity of adulthood. I don't even know if I can say it . . .(big sigh) . . . I found a grey hair. Four of them. I plucked them all out so that I could get a closer look to confirm their ghastly color. If any of you tell me that two will grow back for every strand I pulled you might loose an eye. I blame it on Kai and his medical crisis for causing such complete stress in my life . . .but it doesn't make me feel any better.
The whole day wasn't a total loss however. In fact just as I was about to despair Kai called me and told me their was a gift waiting outside my front door. I asked if it was from him and he said no.
This is what I saw:
I don't think the girls know I have a blog so this second thank you will fall on deaf virtual ears, but this sweet note really touched my heart. The fact that they would take the time to be all sneaky and stick plastic forks into the hard earth really was such a nice message to send. I love them!





2 comments:
Amy you had me worried! Sorry about the grays, however, I'm sure you can "treat" it! That's too funny about being forked... you must be so great for those girls.
i find greys all of the time. have for a while, too. luckily they haven't started sprouting in groups. they're all pretty random still.
that's sweet of your YW.
glad it wasn't about Kai.
Post a Comment