October 23Rd is the day I celebrate my birth. While it is no longer a day of celebration with candles and gifts and toys like it was when I was a kid, I still enjoy it. How can anyone not feel special on their birthday. It's like a day filled with the possibility of magic.
These are a few of the memories that are fun to
consider in my brief . . .ahem . . . 29 years:
1. Scoring the game winning soccer goal in double sudden death overtime in the second game of CIF Senior year2. Being accepted to BYU-Hawaii
3.Meeting Kai in the lounge of Hale 3. He sent my heart a flutter.
4. Surfing Waikiki and the North Shore of Oahu
5. A Dance Performance with the Spanish Club for Culture Night at BYUH
6. Founder and CEO of the first ever soccer club at BYUH (we played Chaminade, UH, HPU and many North Shore club teams- so fun to play soccer on a filed by the ocean!)
7. Marrying Kai- the best man I could ever have chosen
8. Being the Relief Society President of the married BYUH 14TH ward in Laie. I learned so much.
9. Giving Birth to Cambria
10. Giving Birth to Kiera
11. Buying our first house (even if it was in Mesquite)
12. Giving Birth to Malachi
I feel so incredibly blessed to have the family that I have. My husband is wonderful and always keeps me on my toes, my children are great and the way they interact with their dad melts my heart. I have everything I always wanted when I was growing up and I also have everything I never knew I always wanted. What more could you want on your birthday?! (Besides a new shirt or two?)





15 comments:
for your birthday i will take ethan down to disneyland. happy birthday, it is also his. take care we will stop by and say hi next time we roll through, or if are down this way.
SO JEALOUS!
Happy Birthday!!! Have a GREAT day!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GIRL!!! :)
Happy Birthday! Maybe you can celebrate next year with a trip to WA...or maybe we'll come see you guys in the warm sun in October. I love Nevada in the Fall.
You don't do candles and gifts?!! You seriously need to get back to the basics, Amy. Happy Birthday though! I love my birthday, even though the getting older is not as fun, it's fun to be spoiled with love, attention, cards, and gifts and whatnot. You have accomplished a lot and I'm sure you will do many more great things.
happy b-day! i loved it that you said that you have everything that you ever wanted as a little girl! that's a good one:) and that caramel apple looked so yummy!!! fun catching up on your blog and seeing your little cuties!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i'm so glad i got to spend time with you in Hawaii. and i'm glad we've reconnected!!!
Happy Birthday Amy! I hope it was a great day for you.
By the way, did you get a shirt or two?? :)
Happy Birthday, I hope you had a fabulous birthday! Sometimes just reflecting on what you have and are grateful for seems like a gift in itself (although a little treat for yourself is always fun too)!
yeah! happy 29th! we are almost the same age now:) hope it was a great day. i like the dramatic tale of the dead ants.
i think i will remain forever 29 too....hope you had a great day!
Oh Amy - I missed it! I always try to call you. I will have to surprise you some other time. Hope it was a wonderful day!!! And I love the forever 29 idea... of course, I still AM 29, so it's not an issue... yet!
Go ahead . . .rub it in:)
Post a Comment