When you want something so bad, it seems like you can will yourself to get it. You can taste sweet victory in your mouth, so when that taste turns into the sour taste of defeat, life can be hard to deal with. Especially when you are six.

To the desert dwellers it seemed unbearably cold. The thermostat tapped out at 53 degrees. Spectators were swathed in blankets and jackets and hats. Nothing seemed to cut the chill.

Today was the day for the annual Pumpkin Run. Each grade level raced and the first 20 or so to cross the finish line won pumpkins. Cambria won a pumpkin last year.

Unfortunately this year she followed some bad advice given to her by her mother. "Just follow Spike the Bull Dog. He'll lead you to the finish line.

Spike was on the opposite side of the field from Cambria. So instead of running in a straight line, She zig zagged through the crowed of runners trying to claim a spot behind the Bull Dog. This is what lost her the race. Instead of running to the finish line- she was trying to find the dog. I am sure there is a lesson in that somewhere. Cambria is in the orange sweater.

The Agony.

The comfort.

This little guy came in thrid place in his group. We love him. He offerede to give his pumpkin to Cambria. Isn't that sweet? Who says chivalry is dead?
6 comments:
I love the picture of Bubba. I should have wrapped Abigail up like that.
Cambria looked so sad after the race! I am glad she was okay. I love her orange sweater!!
So cute! Love the creative write up I think you need to rewrite what I put on our blog. When's that book coming out? I love that your family is freezing in 50 degrees, It was in the 30's today with light snow flurry's that makes me freeze! How sweet of the little boy to give up his pumpkin, he must like Cambria.
Oh I love the picture of Kiera in the bottom of the storage, oh to be that small again and fir anywhere!
what a sweet little guy. and loosing graciously and with good sportsmanship is indeed a very important thing to learn. better luck next time Cambria! It was fun seeing you guys today, however breifly. =)
how sad!! you can see the tears in her eyes!! poor cambria, she can have one of my pumpkins!
Great writing.
Sorry about the "cold" weather! What a great memory this post will make.
Post a Comment