Saturday, July 4, 2009

Popsicle Parade

Cambria wanted to have a parade. Very badly. It took a lot of begging for me to finally act upon her request. We invited four families over for Family Home Evening. We said we were having a Popsicle parade. We decorated our bikes and some kids decorated their hair with ribbons. It was really hot (103 degrees at 6:45 in the evening) but it was very fun. The kids had a blast.











The kids lined up in a row (which I later learned Cambria was disappointed about because she wanted to be the leader of the parade) and we paraded ourselves around the block.






It took Kiera a long time to make it around the block because she had to stop every few feet to throw candy to her fans in the crowd.

We did end up having one fan. You can see him sitting in a folding chair on the side walk in the background. He is our neighbor.

The Popsicle parade was quite a success.

2 comments:

Toshia said...

Fun parade!! It looks like the kids had a blast. It is too hot here so a Popsicle parade sounds very cool!

Toshia said...

I just clicked on the pictures to see them full size and I wanted to say that I love Cambria's dress!! I also love the pictures of Lori with the drum!