The end of last week found us driving into Vegas for a basket ball tournament that Kai was involved in coaching. We stayed in the South Point Hotel for three days and two nights. It was a nice change of scenery and even though the kids quickly tired of watching b-
ball games, they loved the hotel room and the pool, the elevators and escalators . . . and running up and down the hall. I am sure those in the rooms around us loved that part too.

Being on vacation is hard with babies when you don't have your "Stuff." We
didn'
t have a high chair and Malachi though tit was great that he could roam around with what ever food item he had in his hand. This turned out to be very messy as you can imagine so I finally confined him to his stroller. Luckily he didn't mind.

It's funny to think about their fascination with escalators and elevators. I guess because I grew up in a big town and was frequently using escalators and elevators they weren't such the novelty to me. But here in Mesquite they only exist in hotel and we just don't go to them. When ever we used the elevator one of the kids would push the call button and then we would all stand by the elevator door that we thought was going to open. It was great fun and it was the only gambling that we did.
The girls even loved the bathroom. They loved that the toilet was in a separate room from the sink. We did too because Bubba took his afternoon naps in that "room".

The kids and I stayed at Uncle Joey's house for Kai's last game (which they won). He had a swimming pool complete with a cascading waterfall and a hot tub. The girls were sure they were in heaven. Though the skies were gray and the wind was blowing we enjoyed a fun time in the pool playing mermaids. It was the perfect end to our trip.

So, on Sunday I taught the Young Women a lesson on keeping the Sabbath day holy. Basically it was about doing activities on Sunday that were uplifting and could build a stronger relationship with our Heavenly Father and invite His Spirit into our homes and heart. So What activity did my children choose to do on the Sabbath? Give each other the "chicken pox."


I think I need to practice what I preach a little better.
4 comments:
i LOVE hotels too, i don't blame your kids!!
I love the chicken pox!
Hotels are the next best thing to heaven! I'm totally with your kids on that own. John & I often think how wonderful it would be to have a pool & spa....your kids are so luu....ckkk..yy! That is so funny you remember us playing tennis. I still love it so much & have enjoyed playing again. I need to get John out on the court too. Excercise these days is luxury!
how fun i want to go to vegas!! and the chicken pox!!! what a crack up...your kids are so smart!!
Post a Comment