Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let me think

I haven't felt like I have had anything of import to write as of late, but then again there are a few milestones that should be recorded.

My husband has finally graduated elementary school! In fact he is even going to skip a few grades and go straight to high school. He is excited to begin his new position in August where he will continue teaching special ed and coaching the freshman basketball team. His old school is sad to see the Walmart Teacher of the Year seeking to broaden his horizons. They will be doing a farewell assembly for the kids in which Kai will be needing a "Joe Bro" wig since he will be imitating the boy band, The Jonas Brother's. He is really excited.

Kai has also been taking lots of mini hikes in preparation for the 55 miler he is taking the scouts on this summer. The trail is somewhere in Utah. I think I will go with him- not on the hike mind you. I think I will go to Utah with him and see how many friends will let me stay at their houses for a week until he gets back. My cousin and his wife are going to be sealed on the last day of the hike and I don't want to miss it. I don't think that I will be able to get to Utah any other way because I don't really want to drive by myself with a car full of needy kids. Then I can just drive home with him too.

My eldest child will be attending her final week of kindergarten starting tomorrow. For those of you who have just had your first baby - you won't believe how fast time can really fly by. Those of you with older children know what I am talking about.
Cambria has loved Kindergarten and I couldn't have asked for a better teacher. It is going to be a chore to keep her entertained and mentally stimulated this summer. She has never been one to entertain herself. I am so proud of this tender hearted girl. I hope all of her school years are as good to her as this one has been.
Kiera says she is too tired to take any pictures. She sure looks cute today though so I might snap one later anyway. She is such a funny girl and speaks with such attitude. She is bound to be a handful.

Bubby Tubs. Since having tubes placed in is ear his speech has mildly improved. He hasn't improved like I had hoped but his progress, though slow, is sure. He has been calling his Daddy, Kai. He for sure knows how to say mom- he says it all the time. Still though, I am not sure if he says more than 10 words.
Whatever he may lack in speech her sure makes up for in physical prowess. He climbs, and jumps on the tramp (as well as the couch, the ottoman, the bed, and whatever else tickles his fancy) like champion. He has giving me a heart attack more than once with his daring endeavors.
He sure is a sweetie too. So very cuddly.

Each Sunday brings with it a game of sorts. It's called, "Find Kai's Tie." Each Sunday it is carelessly placed in a new and different location and it is up to us, the family members to go in search of it lest it lingers around the house until next Sunday. Last week it was found lying on the calendar which sits on the kitchen counter top.

Today it was found on the bed in the girl's room wear it was removed prior to a short nap. I am sure the tie is still their . . . still napping.
I know you will anxiously await next for next Sunday to find out where Kai's tie will be!!
Today I taught the Young Women's lesson on the importance of personal records and journal keeping. My cousin printed her blog off on blurb. I think I am going to do the same since this is the only journal that I have been somewhat consistent in keeping the last few years.
Other than that we are dreading the heat and sadly we know that it is only going to get worse.

8 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Fun updates! Kai sounds like a fantastic teacher - and what a new adventure HS will be! Love that you're going to friend hop in Utah! (wish we were there for you to stay with US!) Enjoy the summer and your attempt to entertain and beat the heat.

Leah said...

I miss reading your blog and seriously check back all the time for updates! You're so sweet to come to our sealing I can't wait to see you guys! High School! Wow he is moving up that is going to be a fun new experience! LOL Where is Kai's tie game. Love it.

Don't worry about Bubba, I think he'll be just fine and I'm glad things seem to be improving he looked wonderful and 100% normal when I saw him, cute as ever too!

Cambria is growing up I can't believe it. BOth your girls are they're so much fun! I love reading about them.

Kimberly said...

Congrats to Kai on his new job! I want to see pictures of him dressed as a Jonas Brother. My girls love them and they are going to see them perform at Stadium of Fire on July 4th.

You guys are welcome to come and stay with us, do you know when you will be coming to Utah?

The tie thing is so cute!

Unknown said...

yes...I know... I cannot believe it's the last week of Kindergarten. Time does fly too fast. It would be fun to have your girls in my music class for Summer. I think I may have sent you an email of the info. Let me know, it's starting to fill up a little bit & I'm tyring to even out the kids into both of my sessions some how. They would love it though! I am willing to work out any cost issues too if you are really interested. I just think it would be fun!! Alley would love to see Cambria!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I can't even imagine Will going into first grade, let alone speaking coherently. But then I think that last time at this year he was just a tiny little newborn! I'm sure that time flying only gets worse when you have more kids to distract you from cherishing each little moment.

The Kai's tie thing...here it's a little game we play called "Where's Aaron wallet? Aaron's keys? Aaron's everything?" He is horrible at putting things in their proper places and we have torn the house apart too many times to find his stuff. Sigh!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the fun updating on your kids. Your kids are so beautiful. That will be fun for you and the girls to visit friends while Kai is working hard on that hike. 55 miles, sheesh!
That's cool that Kai will be coaching basketball...all kinds of new, fun adventures are awaiting your family with that one.

Sunnie said...

heat- yuck. i understand all too well, although it hasn't been too horrible here yet. and you should definitely blurb. you would love it! i wish i could go to leah's sealing- oh well, baby's more important! i may have to hit you up to make a cute sign for his room once we actually get around to putting it together. i'll let you know.

HaYn Mama said...

Where's the hike? you can come stay with us if you don't mind a house load of kids! We're up in Clearfield... 20 mins. north of SLC. Let me know when.