Now for the work part . . . we have been painting! We finally painted our master bead room! I love the color, it is called pony express . . . how appropriate considering I was just writing about our fun horseback riding adventure! Now all I need to do is get some nice curtains and a nice bed spread . . .someday . . .
Planting! Saturday morning was uncommonly cool. I knew it was the chance for planting that I was hoping would come. The day warmed quickly but I was still able to plant these Italian cypress and four other shrubs . . . it was a lot of work. I hope when they grow they will afford out little "club house" a respite from the summer heat!
Demolition . . . We are giving our master bathroom a complete overhaul. Kai is removing the massive amounts of mismatched tile himself in order to save some dinero. I think he is considering the tile to be a formidable opponent . . .but he sure does feel like a man when he wields the sledge hammer. It's a mess. Frankly I don't like to look at it. It makes me stressed out.
I got these from church! I love these roses. I was especially excited to get them this year because I only get flowers once a year. On Mother's day. From church. And they are usually carnations. Last year we got crocheted pot holders. It was an admirable talent to share with the ward members, but I really missed the flowers. So this year, I was extra happy.
Turtle . . . this was my other Mother's day present. My kids love it. We haven't named it yet.
Lastly, my mother-in-law (or MIL- as a friend says it would be) asked me to give her a picture of all three kiddos together so she could send them to Tutu (Kai's grandma). This was a difficult task since Malachi rarely holds still for a group photo . . . believe me I have tried. So this is the best we could do. I got the girls together and then Kai held Bubba by the ankles . . . I hope Tutu likes it. It was the best we could do.





8 comments:
I LOVE the pictures of your 3 kids!! Malachi looks so cute upside down!
You have been very busy!! Good luck with your bathroom and everything else going on!
Happy Mother's Day to you (late). I love the pics of your kids (especially Malachi upside down!!) I can't wait to see what your bathroom turns ou to be!
The picture of the 3 kids is great! I'm excited to see you guys this weekend at the wedding! Shan and Brooklyn are in town too and will be at church Sunday if you can make it. See you soon!
I love that color!!! SO excited to see you this weekend! If you want any San Clemente "beach time" come down our way Leah and John are staying with us.
it was fun catching up on your blog..okay I'M DYING that there was a senior ms. mesquite...soo funny LOL!!!! the horses look like such a fun time..and i so know how you feel about remodeling the bathroom...we've been there done that sooooo many times...we still have loads to do on our house and josh just told me the other day "i'd like to add on to our bathroom" and told me everything he wanted to do...and all i could say is, "ya, that would be nice"...but in my head i'm thinking "let's just finish all the other projects first" ha! take care!!
Have Fun!
Great picture of the three of them! I will have to try that one!
Love the bedroom paint color! And i would love to be there to help demolish that bathroom! I love doing tile :) Good luck Kai!
Post a Comment