Here are my Stories!!!!
Stolen Purse:
So, My mom and I set out to Michael's craft store with the kids to buy some last minute things for Candi's shower. By the end of our shopping trip two out of the three kids were a wreck and my mom and I each had one in our arms. My mom pushed the shopping cart with all of our purchased material and my purse right up to the back of my van. We strapped in the upset kids and drove away. Yeah, we left my purse and the goods in the parking lot. I don't know how we didn't notice since it was backed up to my car. We went to the park and called the store as soon as we noticed the blunder. I was a little annoyed, but I was completely disturbed until I realized that my purse was among the missing items.
The Michael's worker that my mom spoke to onthe phone sad she had gone out to collect our cart (it was the only red one) and it was pushed up against a beat up car that looked like it was recently salvaged from the juk yard. Inside the cart was my shopping list and three items that had fallen out of my bags when someone removed them. She said she saw a scruffy man walking out of the bank coming back towards his junkyard car and she got scared so she ran back into the store with the cart.
I cancled my checks and credit cards called about my Dr. lic and spent and hour or more at the police dept making a report. You see in all of Nevada's genious the put your soc. sec # on your Dr. Lic. So baiscally who ever stole my pusre had everything they needed for identity theft.
I had a headache all day. 5 hours late a Michael's worker called and said some guy had just returned my purse and two of my bags of goods to the store.
Weird. It was in a different cart. All my cash and credit cards were in it . . . I can't figure out why it was returned - even the cash. Maybe the theif knew he had been I-deed and didn't want to be caught with stolen property (which I learned is a felony). Any theories?






Clark County Fair!
This fun event comes around once a year. It is a huge Fair that draws crowds from all over Nevada. We left California a little before 9am and arrived at the fair around 1:00PM. The kids enjoyed various rides, tasty food, lots of animals to pet and look at fresh farm dirt to dig up some veggies. We found a carrot and an onion.
Papa was in his element driving around the fair in this little cart.

This pig made me realize that I really don't have it that bad. I will remember her on my bad days and feel better.




Easter:
Long have I dreamt about an Easter Morning at my own house. I dreamed about my little children in their beautiful clothes and barefeet running from bush to bush finding colored eggs while trampling through the long green grass of my own backyard. Well, it finally happened and though it was a bit quiet without our extended family, we sure needed the rest. It was a long week.
Cambria and Kiera were really excited about hunting eggs. Malachi was really excited that he could take his own shorts off and run around in the grass. He also thought it was super cool that we gave him his own basket to collect eggs in. He never filled it with anything, instead he walked all around the yard trying to toss the basket as high as he could. It seemed very satisfying.
Thank you mom for their beautiful Easter duds:)
So, My mom and I set out to Michael's craft store with the kids to buy some last minute things for Candi's shower. By the end of our shopping trip two out of the three kids were a wreck and my mom and I each had one in our arms. My mom pushed the shopping cart with all of our purchased material and my purse right up to the back of my van. We strapped in the upset kids and drove away. Yeah, we left my purse and the goods in the parking lot. I don't know how we didn't notice since it was backed up to my car. We went to the park and called the store as soon as we noticed the blunder. I was a little annoyed, but I was completely disturbed until I realized that my purse was among the missing items.
The Michael's worker that my mom spoke to onthe phone sad she had gone out to collect our cart (it was the only red one) and it was pushed up against a beat up car that looked like it was recently salvaged from the juk yard. Inside the cart was my shopping list and three items that had fallen out of my bags when someone removed them. She said she saw a scruffy man walking out of the bank coming back towards his junkyard car and she got scared so she ran back into the store with the cart.
I cancled my checks and credit cards called about my Dr. lic and spent and hour or more at the police dept making a report. You see in all of Nevada's genious the put your soc. sec # on your Dr. Lic. So baiscally who ever stole my pusre had everything they needed for identity theft.
I had a headache all day. 5 hours late a Michael's worker called and said some guy had just returned my purse and two of my bags of goods to the store.
Weird. It was in a different cart. All my cash and credit cards were in it . . . I can't figure out why it was returned - even the cash. Maybe the theif knew he had been I-deed and didn't want to be caught with stolen property (which I learned is a felony). Any theories?
Candi's Wedding shower:
There were several moments in my months of planning Candi's shower that I doubted it would ever actually occur. It ended up being a wonderful event full of family and friends and fantastic gifts. Thank you to all who helped and attended. My Aunt and cousins made and served a wonderful dessert: a mini pazookie in a heart shaped bowl (which I did not get to taste darnit!). It was so cute! We played three games:
1. What's in your purse? A game in which you earn points for various items in your purse, the more rare, the higher the points. Items worth points included, receipts, keys, lip stick, tampon etc. You wouldn't believe the things people carry around in their purse!!
2. A game for Candi: How well do you Know Jonathan? A list with questions about himself that he had answered. She had to see if she knew his answers . . . she only missed one . . . she did great!!
3. Present Steal: A times game played with 3-4 sets of dice. There were 15 presents sitting in the middle of the room Each time a double was rolled by a guest they got to choose a present. We played for 5 to 7 minutes. Once the presents in the middle of the floor were gone, you could steal a gift from another guest. This game was so hilarious! It got pretty vicious. I have never seen so many woman of all ages groping for present sin such a fashion - - so funny!
It was a great event and ended with Candi getting fabulous stuff to start out her new life with Jonathan as her husband.
There were several moments in my months of planning Candi's shower that I doubted it would ever actually occur. It ended up being a wonderful event full of family and friends and fantastic gifts. Thank you to all who helped and attended. My Aunt and cousins made and served a wonderful dessert: a mini pazookie in a heart shaped bowl (which I did not get to taste darnit!). It was so cute! We played three games:
1. What's in your purse? A game in which you earn points for various items in your purse, the more rare, the higher the points. Items worth points included, receipts, keys, lip stick, tampon etc. You wouldn't believe the things people carry around in their purse!!
2. A game for Candi: How well do you Know Jonathan? A list with questions about himself that he had answered. She had to see if she knew his answers . . . she only missed one . . . she did great!!
3. Present Steal: A times game played with 3-4 sets of dice. There were 15 presents sitting in the middle of the room Each time a double was rolled by a guest they got to choose a present. We played for 5 to 7 minutes. Once the presents in the middle of the floor were gone, you could steal a gift from another guest. This game was so hilarious! It got pretty vicious. I have never seen so many woman of all ages groping for present sin such a fashion - - so funny!
It was a great event and ended with Candi getting fabulous stuff to start out her new life with Jonathan as her husband.
This fun event comes around once a year. It is a huge Fair that draws crowds from all over Nevada. We left California a little before 9am and arrived at the fair around 1:00PM. The kids enjoyed various rides, tasty food, lots of animals to pet and look at fresh farm dirt to dig up some veggies. We found a carrot and an onion.
Easter:
Long have I dreamt about an Easter Morning at my own house. I dreamed about my little children in their beautiful clothes and barefeet running from bush to bush finding colored eggs while trampling through the long green grass of my own backyard. Well, it finally happened and though it was a bit quiet without our extended family, we sure needed the rest. It was a long week.
Cambria and Kiera were really excited about hunting eggs. Malachi was really excited that he could take his own shorts off and run around in the grass. He also thought it was super cool that we gave him his own basket to collect eggs in. He never filled it with anything, instead he walked all around the yard trying to toss the basket as high as he could. It seemed very satisfying.
Thank you mom for their beautiful Easter duds:)





9 comments:
fun fun post! i wish i could have been at the shower- if only texas wasn't so so far away. good job pulling it all off.
what a story about your purse, what a headache to go through! I love the dresses that you have for your girls. I also think that your little guy looks pretty studly!
That looks like a very fun week! We will have to try the fair next year!!
That is great that you got your purse back! Keep an eye on your credit report just in case they wrote down your social.
The shower looked amazing!
I am looking forward to seeing Malachi is his business suit at church!!
this is such a fun post! sorry about you're purse getting stolen but how nice to get it back after you cancelled everything. irritating! the shower looks so fun I love the picture of all the cousins and aunts and grandma o! I wish I could of been there!
I love fairs! Always have.. I don't know why but they're so much fun! I love the girls dresses on easter and Malachi is SO CUTE in his little outfit I love it!
Your stolen purse story reminded me of when I got mine stolen from me in high school out of the girl's locker room...after I got a new driver's license we found all the contents minus the cash in another random locker! So I kinda know how much that sucks.
The shower looks like it was a lot of fun, good job with it! I wish we could have come or could even come to the wedding, dang Aaron's strict school schedule.
Whew! You guys have been busy! Looks like you had a great Easter. You guys get to go home so often. And to California none the less... jealous! We are contemplating taking Dane to Disneyland for his birthday in October. I'm definitely jealous you grew up right next door. Lucky girl!
Wow! What an ordeal with your purse. What a blessing that it got returned and the stuff that you purchased as well.
What a fun Spring Break in Cali! Candi's shower looked like a blast!
You must post about her wedding! I wanna know how it turns out! I'm so excited for them.
Thanks again Kai for not turning off your guys's internet! You are helping your wife magnify her talent of writing!
And helping me improve my reading skills... I know you know how important literacy is!
And you are helping to preserve your family history... so important for your posterity.
What a great husband you are!
;)
Amy hope this helps cuz I can pull up the talk that M. Russell Ballard gave about how blogging is a tool to help share the gospel if you need more back up! LOL!
Malama pono a me aloha nui!
i am excited that you are still Blogging, your kids are so dang cute, love the easter outfits. Good Job wiht Candi's shower i heard it was great. I hear about your purse and it just adds another reason why we are not in cali anymore,such a nightmare to cancel everything.
we had such a fun time at the bridal shower, you did such a great job!!
Post a Comment