Glitter Shoot! Child Photogrpher: Mesquite, NV
-
I am the proud mama of these two little beauties (who are growing up WAY
faster than I would like them too). This glitter shoot is something I had
been w...
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
This tiny little guy was the source of much joy and much sorrow in our house today. Kai is on Spring break this week and is doing A LOT of much needed yard work. While Cambria was out helping him, she came across a caterpillar. Being animal/bug lover she immediately took to it. She came in the house, got a cup, plastic wrap and some tape and went to work on making him a home. She completed his new apartment with a few leaves and a stick. She carried him around ALL day. At dinner, she took him out (I was not home) to play with right by her dinner plate. Just in case you are wondering, no, she did not accidentally (or purposely) eat him. She did, however, leave him next to her plate on the Dora table while she ran outside to jump on the trampoline. She came back and the caterpillar was gone. This is when I walked in the door. She was devastatingly sad. We looked high and low. I knew he couldn't have gotten far. But we had no luck. Cambria said between sobs that she would miss him so much. Kai said a prayer with her. Well he asked her if she wanted to say it but she said, "No, Dad, I can't but I will smile." After the prayer Kai lifted up her dinner plate, and low and behold, their he was, crawling around the inside ridge. He is back in his cup now. Safe and sound. We said he could spend the night there but that we should release him in our backyard tomorrow. This brought on a new flood of tears and she said, "I will miss him so much. I will never see him again." It was very sad. You'd think she'd been through some kind of recent trauma.
We took a picture of Cambria and the caterpillar because we told her that even though she couldn't keep it forever, she could keep a picture of it forever. That seemed to make her feel better. Kiera wanted her picture too and she wanted to pose with the blue sippie cup in her mouth.
In other news, Happy St. Paddy's day! We celebrated it with friends dying Easter eggs in our backyard. This was our "green" picture. The girls' wanted to say "hi-ya" and throw punches for the picture. They were a little sad that Kai wasn't wearing green. He told them that his undies were green, but I know better. . . they're white.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
About the pacifiers...my kids have each had them until they were about 3 as I am sure Walker will too.....sorry to say...I LOVE THEM...they are the only peace I get a lot of the time! Isn't the quiet nice though? You have to admit it!
The only thing I hate about pacifiers is looking for them in the middle of the night. Other then that they are mommy-sanity savers :)
your house looks so cute! and mya has the same shirt that kiera has. we too have a pet mealworm that elle brought home from preschool that i'm wanting to set free. and about paci's, elle loved/needed one badly, mya wouldn't take one, and jada's had spurts where she's taken one but mostly doesn't. if the kid needs it, they are wonderful, but elle has been my only one so far that was hooked on one.
I haven't been very good at checking my blog lately because every free minute I have I sleep! Plus adjusting to life with three is proving to be harder than I thought since my 3yr od is having such a hard time with it. He has been really bad since I brought the baby home. Did your youngest haveany issues when you had your 3rd? Other than that life is good! I love the quiet time at night that I get to spend alone with her.
I forgot to mention. I haven't seen your brother yet but I am keeping my eye out for him.
Brayden and Cole were thumb-suckers and Kai and Saydria didn't do anything. Cole is an avid thumb sucker though, he has a callous on his thumb from sucking! Does that make you feel better about Malachi's binky? And, I love the caterpillar story. We keep every caterpillar and let the moths go after they hatch. We even had a caterpillar since April 2007 and it just barely hatched in a jar in the basement a week ago. I kept meaning to throw it out because they usually hatch after a couple weeks, so that was amazing to us.
Post a Comment