Glitter Shoot! Child Photogrpher: Mesquite, NV
-
I am the proud mama of these two little beauties (who are growing up WAY
faster than I would like them too). This glitter shoot is something I had
been w...
Thursday, March 20, 2008
The darndest things
Kids really do say some funny things. For example, I was putting Kiera down for a nap and she began picking her nose. I tried to explain to her that it was kind of gross to do such a thing and that she really should ask for a Kleenex. She simply said "sometimes boogers get stuck and I have to pick them with my finger or else they won't get out." And for a split second, before I handed her a tissue, I thought, well, how do you argue with that logic?
As Kiera was sleeping, Cambria was complaining. She didn't feel well and she was really cold. I made her a cozy little bed on the couch and tucked her up in a blanket and tried to do my workout video. She kept making soft little moaning noises, so I pushed pause and sat by her. I ran my fingers through her hair, then pressed my palm to her brow to check for a fever. She said to me in such a sweet little pitiful voice, "Mom, do I have a beaver?" It was all I could do to keep a straight face. I know a smile or a snicker of any kind would have hurt her feelings. I said I thought she might have a fever and I would get the thermometer to check as soon as Brother woke up. (It was in his room, he was sleeping, and his door is really squeaky.) She seemed to feel better after a little rest on the couch because she got up to finish my workout with me. By the way, Cambria picked out this outfit all on her own. Yep even the shoes and socks. She's free spirit. We'll work on the outfit selection. (She is being a shark swimming in the water. Its related to the comment below.)
Finally, Kai has been doing A LOT of yard work this week. His brother Ke'ala came over to help him take a load of junk down to the dump. Ke'ala also wanted to take some dirt from a huge pile that we have to make a garden at his Mom's house. When we went into the back yard, this is what we saw.
Its not a great close up picture, but if you look really close you'll notice that Ke'ala is wearing swim goggles. I guess the dust flying in the air from shoveling was too much for him. He began doing the swim dance, so Cambria decided to be a shark in the water (picture above).
Okay, so this is a new binky. Its kind of big, but he likes it. I wish he didn't. The picture below I thought was pretty darn cute, even though there is no fancy story to go with it, except that Bubba is now eating rice cereal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Wow you guys are super busy! Yard work already hu...you over achievers! Once the girls meet however you know that you are going to have to move back to cali because the girls will be unseperable!
Super fun! Will you come over here to Idaho and help with our yard work too?! I hate yard work! Love the pictures, your family is so dang cute!
so funny! i love your daughter's outfit..ella comes up with some funny ones too..looking at kai with that load of dirt...brings back to many memories of yard work..no fun..but well worth it when it's done!
Very cute!! Is Ke'ala...Aaron?? Have all the boys changed to their middle names?? Did you get my email??
Lindsey J
Kai li'i looks so tiny in Kai nui's arms. He has the happiest smile.
And I can't wait till Cambria starts school cuz getting dressed for school is even more hilarious. I have to take a pic of the outfits Kanalu puts together for school. Sometimes I just have to put my foot down and make him change. Yesterday he didn't comb his hair and wouldn't and I asked him why he wouldn't comb his hair and he said because nobody cares about how my hair looks and neither do I. How's that. . . I couldn't argue I just smiled and said have a great day!
your little boy is so cute! and don't you love it when they pick out their own clothes? it's always fun to see what they come up with. i like it when kids say funny things. i just wish i could write them all down to remember them.
Post a Comment