Monday, September 17, 2007

One Week Today


Baby Kai is one week old today. To me it really just seems like one really, really long day. I am still in love with him and I still think he is just as perfect as ever. I just wanted to share a few of the interesting comment that have come along with having a new brother.


From Cambria:

"Isn't he beautiful?!"

"Look, Dad, he's just like you!" (about the boy part)

I called him "bud" and Cambria said with an excited intake of air " Mom! that's the perfect name!"

"Milk is coming out! What do we do?!"

"Don't worry brother, I will always protect you."


From Kiera:

"Mom, He has a jelly bean" (about the boy part)

Next day she came to watch the diaper change and said "Mom, I can't see his jelly!"

"Hi baby brother, its me Kiera" In her highest pitched voice.

"Mom! put the baby down!" (she wanted computer help)


From both:

Kai was offering our bed time prayer and said "thank you for our new baby Malachi. Cambria whispered "Tarzan" so then Kiera said louder, "No, Derek!" So Kai said, Thank you for our new baby BROTHER. I think they think the name is still up for debate!


The good news is that we are surviving. Life is a little hectic, but we are hanging in there and we are happy.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute family...That is so awsome that you wrote down some of the things that the girls said!!! I love that Cambria will always protect him...how sweet!
I love the pictures of the girls with the worms...Kassia loves worms too, but Jesiah won't touch them. LOL

Danielle said...

I LOVE the jellybean and the milk comments! So cute and innocent. They are totally in love with him!

Shauna said...

What a beautiul baby Kai! I'm not a big fan of newborns but. . .he is beautiful ~ perfect really! Congrats. Love it that your girls are so cute. I love the little think kids say.

HaYn Mama said...

OMG!!! Your kids are a riot. I couldn't stop laughing when I read what they said about their brother. But the prayer takes the cake! It reminds me of how my Kanalu wanted to name Keiko rice for the longest time and he kept insisting her name is rice. You have such a fun family!

Sunnie said...

funny comments. i love it. i wonder what my girls would say if we ever had a boy and they watched in on a diaper change. i'm also glad that your prayers at night sound a lot like ours (as far as the helpful comments throughout go). your baby is adorable!!

Judith Watkins said...

He is so beautiful! Thanks for keeping us posted. I LOVE the comments! He has the best sisters!

My Many Coloured Days said...

All your children are beyond adorable. I want to meet them all!

My Many Coloured Days said...

oh... and play and cuddle with them!