Saturday, July 21, 2007

9 weeks to go


There have been a few requests to see pictures of my preggo belly. I really am not a cute, skinny pregnant girl. As I have said before, my whole body likes to get in on my pregnancies: arms, cheeks, fingers (can't wear my wedding ring after the first trimester). So this is about as brave as I am willing to get as far as posting the big belly where multiple eyes can see. I have 9 weeks to go and why, oh, why does the last 2 months seem to take the longest. You can imagine how uncomfortable it might be to be packing this kind of load when the temps are reaching 115 degrees.
So we have a few more names to add to our list of choices. I hesitate to put them down because I really am having a hard time with names and I don't really want to be swayed (my mom and grandma never seem to like the names I choose, though I suppose they tend to grow on them)
Soooo, these are the names on our list:
Prince Derek:)
Simeon
Isaiah
Malachi
We wonder what he will look like since our girls are really not from the same cookie cutter. Will he be blonde, brunnette, black haired, or could he be a red head? With the gene pool that Kai and I have created the possibilities really are quite limitless.

9 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

We are always to cruel to ourselves! That is a VERY flattering pregnant picture - though your smile would definately upgrade it! (Are you smiling in that heat?!) You're right about the last few weeks being the LONGEST! Good luck - I know you can do it (not that you have much choice in the matter :)

Sunnie said...

ok that is a cute belly! i love pregnant bellies. i still don't wear my rings- i don't like them tight. it bothers me. maybe once summer is over i'll be able to wear them comfortably. good name choices- i'm pulling for prince derek:) i don't like others opinions on our names so we usually keep them secret.

Danielle said...

You do look like a skinny pregnant girl even from that viewpoint. Don't underestimate yourself! In Hawaii we stayed at the Ihilani. It's in Ko'Olina on the west side towards Wainaie. It's 30 minutes from Honolulu and 30 minutes from the North Shore. So all in all a good compromise. It's beautiful there!

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Hey guys, how about the name Luke? It's strong, not just in the bible, but one of the 4 gospels! I like the name Rock too and since we already have a Stone, it's all yours.

Jacob Oliver Ellingson said...

Isaiah- With Isaiah Washington being such a freak show you might stay away from that one.
Malachi- is straight out of "children of the corn"
You could go Bear- because the dude on man vs. wild is essentially "the alpha male"
or Ron Burgandy who is the ultra alpha male. Either way, you're stoked, the with the last name Davis, anything sounds good.

Chelsey said...

Good luck on names--don't take advice from me. Jak's middle name comes from the Viking god of death & war. I'm so sorry you have to be that pregnant in the Nevada heat. This too will pass.

Danielle said...

ps. To answer your question, no more jeep. It has long since been traded in for a gas guzzling mom-mobile. One more thing to put behind me in the days of my youth, in the same category as surf shops.

Nicole said...

When we decied on a name we went to the Social Security Website to see how common it was, depending on the year. It was fun to see. I think Malachi is a very neat name. Boy names are so hard. Don't give up!!!

HaYn Mama said...

What a fun place to find you guys! I ran into Sonya (I can never remember how to spell her name) in May at Iosepa and she told me the great news that you're having a boy! Congrats!!! Boys are so fun. My niece just had a boy a couple weeks ago and she named him Malachi. So I'll place my bet on Prince Derek! And by the way you have a beautiful belly!!! Take Care and keep in touch.