Friday, June 1, 2007

Oh BOY!


A major change is headed our way! We are used to pink and purple, princesses and barbies, long dresses and pig tails. Baby number three will change all that and Kai is beside himself with joy. So are the girls, in fact. They wanted a new baby brother and they want to call him Prince Derek. Kai would like to call him Simeon. I am hoping to come up with a third alternative, any ideas? This overwhelming joy has not been without its hardships. My body has decided that there will be no more babies in our future. I have been able to avoid bed rest by adhereing to strict rules, but I will have to have a hysterectomy after the baby is born. You never think things like this will happen to you, but we have been able to focus on the positive and find joy in the children that we have been blessed to have. Kai says we can always adopt if we find we still feel a void in our family.

4 comments:

Jacob Oliver Ellingson said...

Since no one else is going to do it. I say name the kid Jacob. I'm obviously partial to the name, but it has been a good solid name for the 31 years I've had it. Amy- where'd you go to high school? I teach in the Garden Grove district and I could have sworn that's where you went.

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

Congrats on being preggers! So sorry about your news. Sounds like you have a great prespective. On a happier not you'll love having a boy! Boys are GREAT! Boys are full of fun and ENERGY. The best part is that they love their mommies. Good luck to you and God Bless.

HaYn Mama said...

Congratulations again!!! I'm sad that this will be your last one. You guys make cute babies!!!

Here's a scripture for you guys. . .
"Be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious." D&C 78:18-19
You are glorious Amy!!!
I dunno why I just had to share that!
Alohanui!