Sunday, February 12, 2012

Waikiki Meatball Recipe

Sometimes I can still here the wind blowing the leaves of the coconuts trees outside of my bedroom window. I long for the days of laying by the ocean shore watching the waves roll in. I can't be in Hawaii anymore, but I can bring the flavors of the island to my kitchen table. Ready for the taste of Hawaii . . . here it is . . . (This recipe is from my friend, Lori)
Waikiki Meatballs:
You can make homemade meatballs if you like, but I like the shortcut better:
1 32 oz bag of home style frozen meatballs

4T cornstarch
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 cans pineapple tidbits
2/3 c vinegar
2T soy sauce
2/3 c chopped green pepper (optional)

Place frozen meatballs in the crock pot.
mix other ingredients in a medium bowl and add to crock pot.
Cook on low for 4 hours ( I stir it once or twice the second two hours)
Serve over white rice . . .
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

yum! i will be making these this week! mahalo!

Sarah said...

Yummy! I think I might have to try these. Thank you for sharing!

Candy Davis said...

Looks onolicious! Will have to try. Anything to make me feel at home again. I miss Hawai'i so much too. So I just started my own blog thedavisohana.blogspot.com. I'll have to get tips from you on how to do some things! Have always loved your blog, but now I may actually visit and read more!

Stephanie said...

Totally gonna make these, they look and sound divine. :)