Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Listen to Your Mama!

Being the ever obedient daughter that I am, I am updating my blog so that you don't see the caterpillar in the corn anymore. I guess it was disturbing my mother's sensitivities:) and she asked me to do something about it.:) My new post will show you what I made to go along with my Relief Society Lesson on Sunday passed:

I saw something like this in a magazine and wanted to try it, but where they used a cake, I used cup cakes. Easier to distribute ya know. The funniest thing is that my lesson was on "The Postmortal Spirit World." (Which is actually a very short but VERY amazing chapter and I recommend reading it:) Anyways, though I was a little embarrassed to hand these out at the end of class for fear the sisters might think me sacrilegious, I though it was the perfect opportunity to try my hand at these cupcakes:)


I've got a "how to" on my blog, Amy's Craft Bucket/Made from Scratch if you are interested:)

Sunday was such a great day. It was the primary program and it was the first year that Malachi participated. Our family was asked to sing "A Child's Prayer". The best part was that my Mom and Dad made the trip to come see us. They weren't even at our house for 18 hours but it made us feel special that they would attend. Kai's Mom and Dad and Koko also cam and that was very special too.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I totally agree with your mom on the worm corn picture- it just didn't look right, even when you knew EXACTLY what it was! haha!!