Never in my life did I think the day would come when I would receive a calling that would make me not want to go to church. I thought I had served in every capacity and though some are more preferable then others, I received a calling that churns my stomach in unpleasant ways. Would I ever turn a calling down . . .no. I believe we need to do our part because that is what keeps the ball rolling. Do I complain- never! Except to my husband and now the whole world of bloggers- but you won't tell will you?!
What could this new calling be that makes my knees shake with fear and and eyes fill with tears? Have you any guesses?
Well I'll tell you. I am the new Relief Society Chorister. That is right, I lead the music. I would rather give a lesson to 5ooo people. Come to find out, I can't lead music worth a darn. Even worse, I can't lead music and sing at the same time. So if you find yourself in Relief Society with me, do yourself a favor, keep your eyes on the hymn book. I am pretty sure my song leading technique does little to invite the Spirit.
Kiera's comment: "Maybe after your done waving your hand at the old ladies, they'll give you a calling you do like." I guess I have complained to her too. Whoops. The complaining stops here.
Glitter Shoot! Child Photogrpher: Mesquite, NV
-
I am the proud mama of these two little beauties (who are growing up WAY
faster than I would like them too). This glitter shoot is something I had
been w...





6 comments:
You could always move up here! Maybe they'd put you back in YW's with me!(: I miss you and your family and I'm way excited for you guys to head up this way soon! I love reading your blog... It keeps me informed about my favorite family from Mesquite!;)
Oh Amy! I know how you feel. I have 2 callings. One that I enjoy (RS 3rd Sunday teacher) and one that makes me want to cry (Cub scout Bears den leader)! Those are the callings that make us STRETCH! And stretching is uncomfortable!
I just had to decide that I am going to give it 100% effort and see where it goes.
I know that the music really does play a BIG part in bringing the Spirit into the meeting. Pray about each weeks lesson when choosing songs. It will make a big difference to everyone in there. You'll do great!
Amy,
I'm sure you are doing just fine and will only get better at it. My fear is a calling in YW's. I don't know why but the thought makes my knees weak. Happy Thanksgiving!
Amy!! I am sure you will be great. You are amazing at everything you do. I wish I could be in Relief society to cheer you on!
I don't have a calling yet and I am very nervous about what it will be. We do the best we can when we are called to serve and no one expects anything more. :)
I miss you!!!!!
Amy,
I felt the same way when I received the exact same calling!!! I was scared to death. I would practice, practice, practice and still mess up on the songs when leading. After a while I really enjoyed it. I learned to love the hymns so much! I also learned to appreciate my fellow sisters and brothers that had musical talent and background!
You will be wonderful at it I know because the Lord knows you have the talent to do it! We are not always put into callings that we are "good" at--we don't grow that way. That is what I learned from receiving this calling!
Love ya!
Castina
you know what our RS chorister does... she picks the songs and then assigns other ladies to lead them... she only leads once a month bcuz there are so many musical women in the ward that need to be able to share their talent :)... maybe you could do that :)
Post a Comment