brav·er·y= 1. brave spirit or conduct; courage; valor. 2. showiness; splendor; magnificence
fear= a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
I don't know if I would exactly describe my 2 year old as brave, maybe wild. The one thing I would say about him though is that he has no fear. In my opinion, a little fear can be slightly healthy.
We grew our first squash garden this summer! We are so excited about it!
Bubba got to hang out with his uncles (that is a whole other post) and Jeff Petersen all last week. He thought he was so cool. You can tell he appreciates having other males being around.
His world is largely estrogen based:)
Here he is showing his muscles.

Kai felt love from some students/church kids when they vandalized his car with words of love. They were even so kind as to write "Amy rocks too!" on the front passenger window. Kai made sure I documented each side of the car. I think this is very cute as
Money, money , money! The school keeps doing fundraiser after fundraiser! The girls would have missed out on this expensive one but Maama (grandma) called and said she would treat them to the build-a-bear-like stuffed animals if they would come visit her at school.

Bubba has finally learned how to smile for the camera! I love his cheesey little grin.
Get ready for the triathlon!

One of the end of the year events at the elementary school is a big triathlon. Cambria was so excited and so nervous for this day. She has such a competitive little spirit. I am guessing there are somewhere around 80 girls in the first grade. Here they are below at the starting line.
They had to run down and back across a large field. Cambria started off in the front 10 or so of the pack but was trailing very far behind on the round trip. She looked beat. Her face looked weary- like she wasn't sure if she could make it.

But she did and she moved on the the next even which was some kind of skateboarding thingy. You had to do a lap around the gym- somehow she made up the distance.
Next they had to take another little jog the long way around the pool, throw of their shoes and do a lap to the finish line. It took Cambria a little bit to get her shoes off, but when she got to the pools edge she went flying in nearly leaping over another little girl.
I never thought about how hard it would be to have swimming be the end event in a triathlon. You are so out of breath from your last events that it is hard to stay under water without air. Cambria is a great swimmer but she was so winded she had to swim above the water which is much slower.
Kai felt love from some students/church kids when they vandalized his car with words of love. They were even so kind as to write "Amy rocks too!" on the front passenger window. Kai made sure I documented each side of the car. I think this is very cute as
long as it is not done more than once a year.
Money, money , money! The school keeps doing fundraiser after fundraiser! The girls would have missed out on this expensive one but Maama (grandma) called and said she would treat them to the build-a-bear-like stuffed animals if they would come visit her at school.
They are so lucky to have such a generous Maama!
They have slept with them every night for two weeks now.
Bubba has finally learned how to smile for the camera! I love his cheesey little grin.
Get ready for the triathlon!
One of the end of the year events at the elementary school is a big triathlon. Cambria was so excited and so nervous for this day. She has such a competitive little spirit. I am guessing there are somewhere around 80 girls in the first grade. Here they are below at the starting line.
But she did and she moved on the the next even which was some kind of skateboarding thingy. You had to do a lap around the gym- somehow she made up the distance.
She worked her little booty off and made it into the
The Top Ten First Graders!
Cambria placed 8TH in the coveted top ten and I can not tell you how excited she was!
(thank goodness, I was afraid she was going to have a melt down like she did for the pumpkin run!)
Me too. I was happy for her because I knew how bad she wanted it. It will be so interesting to see what Kiera does when she gets into school and is involved in all these competitions. She too has a competitive spirit, but unlike Cambria, Kiera hates any physical event or activity, especially running:)





1 comment:
Impressive! However, usually in your typical triathlon, the swimming is first...and I think it's because you would be too winded to swim after biking and running. Those girls deserve an extra pat on the back for completing it! Wow! Great pics!!
Post a Comment