Monday, December 7, 2009

Waiting . . .

The worst part is waiting . . .waiting to see if a seizure will break through the meds again, waiting for the doctor to call, waiting for the day of your appointment, waiting to hear a diagnosis . . .waiting . . .and wondering.

Once again may I start with my gratitude for the outpouring of love and well wishes and call and comments and visits and dinners and babysitters and fasting. We are truly humbled by it all. You all have truly been a blessing in this time of test and trial. We "celebrated" Kai's 32 birthday on Friday. (I took him to see The Blind Side- great movie.) We have some wonderful friends and family members who made this day special. The Christensen's even FedExed Kai Ben and Jerry's from Ohio. That was a first and it put a wonderful smile on his face to feel of that friendship. I think the hardest thing for Kai has been the down time and the monotony of it all. Thank you for bringing him some happiness.

The new medicine Kai has been taking has been great. Though he still tires easily he is no longer sleeping all the time and it feels like he is back among the living. He even went to work today. I made him ask his dad to go with him just in case. Poor Jim, He hasn't been to high school in many moons. I hope he can stay awake. He is to be Kai's shadow all day.

As far as answers go, tomorrow we have phone conference with a doctor in Texas. Wednesday we see a doctor in Vegas . . . hopefully we can put a name to Kai's condition because the unknown is very hard to deal with.

12 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

I'm glad that he's feeling more alive again and that he was able to go back to work. Hopefully with Uncle Jim there, he'll beable to ease slowly back into the job. I'm SO glad that you were able to go on a date, that's great. You guys are still in my prayers and I hope you can get some answers real soon, the not knowing is the worst! Love you guys!!!

Hayley said...

i'm glad that he was able to have a nice birthday. i hope you start finding answers! i've been praying for you guys, too. i'm glad that he's able to get back into the swing of things a little... take care - and continue to keep us updated.

Christy said...

It was great to see Kai back at work today. I know the waiting must be driving you crazy. We are waiting not so patiently with you and are praying for the best.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I know, I keep praying that you guys can figure this thing out. I'm glad to hear that his current medication is doing well though. What happened to the specialist in Scottsdale?

Kimberly said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on the latest with Josh. I am glad that he has medicine that is helping him. Thank goodness for that huh? I think that is cute that Uncle Jim was there with him. I hope you hear soon what is causing these seizures. Sending all of our love to you guys.

Judith Watkins said...

We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. You are very loved Amy and Kai. I can tell by reading the comments from other friends and family. You have really touched so many lives. You guys are very special and I am glad you are receiving the outpour of love and support you need during this difficult time.

Sunnie said...

if you end up needing a place to stay in texas, you are always welcome here:) we will keep praying.

Leah Ferguson said...

You guys are in our prayers still! I hope things straighten themselves out u can't imagine going through that you are such a strong woman and a great wife and mother! Grandma O updated us and I heard about the Texas doctor and hope things work out and you get answers!

Anonymous said...

hi there,

Were you guys able to get into Dr Bangalores office? I put in a call to hopefully get you in within a better time frame than normal, i have worked with him a lot and think he is a great doctor. I sure hope you get some answers and good answers at that! please let me know if you would like any reading materials about seizures i have PLENTY from the national epilepsy foundation and also there is an awesome website on ecommunities where you can ask others about thier seizures :o)we are all thinking and praying for your family :)

Unknown said...

This is Stephanie using Kevin's gmail account...but we both hope you are holding up okay. We are keeping you in our daily prayers and are hoping for the best. We love you guys and miss you so much. Brayden remembered Kai in our family prayer this evening and afterwards, we were telling him about how when he was 2, Kai used to come to our apartment and pick him up for playdates. Remember Kai used to take Brayden to the Aloha Center to play? I'll never forget it. :)

Danielle said...

Amy, I'm sooo sorry for what you all have been through! It sounds like you guys are handling it amazingly. I will be sure to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Be sure to keep us all posted on any upcoming news. Love you guys.

Kirstie said...

our thoughts and prayers are still with you guys!