Thursday, September 17, 2009

Big Day!

The Boy.

The Gifts. (ignore the xmas wrapping paper on the big one)

The Cake.


The Birthday.
It was a great day to turn two. The sun rose warm and sunny on a home filled with love for a special little guy we like to call, Bubba. For an early treat we made cinamon rolls, topped it with candles and sang happy birthday. We tried to teach Malachi to blow on the fire that lit the candles, but he just didn't have the wind power.
In the evening when Daddy got home we celebrated with gifts and cake. Cambria was a little concerned that the party was kind of boring because only our immediate family was in attendance. So without my knowledge she invited our two neighbor friends who happened to be riding their bike down our street. When they came in they said "my mom and dad want us to bring home some cake for them too." I told them that if their mom and dad wanted cake then they would have to come and get it themselves:) So Cambria was satisfied that we had a few extra guests at Malachi's party.

Above he is reading a card from Gigi that plays music of course. It was a hit because he loves cards that make noise. Below he is opening the most inexpensive gift; a case of match box cars for $4.50. Guess what he loved those the best. He kept saying "wow-wee!" with big exagerated, round lips. He carries them everywhere.

He also loved this, but a little less than the cars.

I am not quite sure as to why the kids ended up eating their cake under the table, but they sure had fun. Who am I to the question the wisdom of childhood? I am just so happy to have Malachi in our life. He is such a sweet boy and brings great balance to our family. He is a treasured blessing.
We started a new tradition of compliments for the birthday boy. While we were sitting at the dinner table each one of us took a turn saying what we like best about Malachi.

Cambria said: He hits you, then he hugs you. He wants me when we are being babysat at other people's houses. It is fun when I get to be the mommy. I am glad that he has rootbeer colored eyes like me.
Kiera said: I like that he has lots of presents!
Kai said: I like that he likes balls.
Amy said: I like that he is so sweet. I like that he sings to himself, that he wants to copy everything that Kiera does, that he runs to Cambria at naptime because he thinks she can save him from the impending sleep. I love that he gives me sweet kisses and that he is still too young to be willfully disobedient.




Switching gears:
We had our Tea Party gathering on September 12. We only had about 21 people. 10 people cancled when we changed the time but we didn't want to hold signs in the 102 degree weather. It was much more pleasant at 6PM. We only had two rude comments. One was directed at Kiera and me when we were standing all alone doing nothing more than holding the American flag (I didn't know that was offensive) and the people on the other side of the street got flipped off. Other than that we had lots of honking horns and cheers and thumbs up and shouts of approval. It was really fun actually. Here is the article they did on our event in the local paper. The didn't post the picture though so I will post that later. (We were on the oppositte side of the street from where this picture is taken - although Cambria and Sean are in this photo.)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was fun to see all the pics from Malachi's birthday! He's getting so big!! I think it's great that you are getting informed and involved in the political arena. :) Some friends of mine just went to march in DC and said it was wonderful. I wish I could have gone, but life still happens here at home, too.

HaYn Mama said...

I absolutely love that your daughter went and invited other kids to your Bubba's birthday... that is so cute! My gosh his looks like such a little man!

Lauren said...

it looks like bubba had a great birthday. I loved his dinosaur cake. Sydney said she wanted a princess dinosaur cake for her b-day when she saw it.

Kirstie said...

that is the cutest cake!! and what is wrong with holding an American flag??