Seeing all these old woman thriving and doing what they love without qualm or evidence of embarrassment makes me wonder what I will do when I am old . . . so I worked out a schedule:
Monday: swim to work out at the local rec center(early in the morning of course so I don't scar any young people ) and then at night I'll go to the empty nesters FHE.
Tuesday: Library day: I'll spend some time perusing may favorite novels in a cushy chair somewhere . . . Then I'll head off to practice my dance routine with the MesquiteToes Dancing Ambassadors. They have even been booked on cruise ships, so you know it will be a lot of serious work.
Wed: back to the pool in the early morning and then off to play Bingo.
Thursday: I'll make this be my official doctor day, Old people are always at the doctor or so they tell me. I might as well be proactive about it. We'll make this date night too, that way Kai and I can still keep the spark alive.
Friday: another day at the rec center and a day to write all my grandchildren and read ALL the mail they will have sent me. I thin I will also use this day to campaign to be Mrs. Senior Mesquite. I'll also make sure my tiara's from my previous wins are polished nicely.
Saturday: Grocery Shopping day, at least this seems to be senior citizen day in Mesquite and digital scrapbooking and family history day.
Sunday: Church and nap day . . .it's been a long week. It's hard to be old . . . Youth is wasted on the young!





6 comments:
Funny Amy...loved that you have already got your retirement all worked out! Way to plan ahead. I'm just hoping that I am healthy enough to do any of those things! What was the parade for? May day? Anyway, still fun, I love parades.
P.S. Are they officially "American Indians" now?
I LOVE your schedule for the retirement days. Make sure you print that off some day. Although, you forgot to book in lunch dates with girlfriends and hit the swap meet! Gotta love that. Lots of great pics of the parade. I bet they were thrilled to see such a young crowd. I'm jealous you guys are all in your summer clothes...I NEED SOME SUN!
love your schedule! sounds great! no card games or bingo nights for you, eh?
You are just killing me with your senior schedule!!! I'm just dying laughing and I want to get me some of those shiny tights and a pink tasselly shirt... my gosh the things people think they can get away with in their old age!LOL
What a fun day for you guys... and Kiera... when I was your age I was very afraid of clowns. Then one day I put on some clown make-up and a red nose for Halloween and I got over it really quick because it was fun!
fun pictures!!
You are hilarious! You forgot to include blogging and keeping up with other "old" friends!!! I'll be at BINGO night with you.
Post a Comment