I've been put under strict instruction not to display any pictures that Candi and Jonathan have chosen to put on their announcement. :) I am happy to comply:)
I just want to tell you a little about my cousin Candi. She was born with cerebral palsy and has been confined to a wheel chair her whole life. She has endured many challenges in life. Some because of her disability and some that were not. She has her ups and downs like all of us, but mostly she is able to maintain a happy, pleasant attitude. She loves God and she does her best to live a good life.
I didn't retouch this picture yet, but I thought it was funny because seconds before Jon was kissing her hand, he was biting it.
Let me tell you why I like Jonathan. They have been dating for a little over a year (I think). I have mingled with him at multiple family parities and while I don't know him super good, I know him well enough to say that he is a truly decent and kind fellow. He has given Candi the legs that she never had. He has opened doors in her life that perhaps she was afraid might forever stay closed. He takes her swimming and he doesn't push her chair when they walk, they hold hands.
Candi was very nervous to take these engagement pictures because her body gets stiff and tense. She knew she needed to be captured naturally and that forced smile would simply not do.I did my best to make the couple laugh, but really they were just smoochy and cuddly together and didn't need much prompting or posing.
I don't know if I mentioned before what a work out Jonathan got. I had him putting Candi up in trees (to which she was very excited about -"I was up in a tree!") I had Jonathan and Candi Lay on their bellies in the grass, I had him climb up a small waterfall with Candi in his arms, we posed Candi sitting on rocks and Standing (with her chair right behind her to catch her is she fell) behind Jonathan while he laid down on a wall. It was wonderful because Candi was not confined to her chair. We played as we posed and we had a great time.
This was a very special opportunity for me. It was very special for me to see Candi begin the life that she deserves. I think Jonathan is very special and that he will continue to open new doors in Candi's life simply by loving her. I know she loves him.
13 comments:
What an enchanting story and beautiful accompanying pictures.
BTW - I got the email with your new story and just have NOT had a minute. I will someday... just be patient with me, please! Four kids and a husband has done me in!
that is so sweet! Thay are so adorable together! They look truly happy!! =)
Love the pictures that you did post and am excited for your cute cousin! I'm so glad to know that you had the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine too! I need to get a fancy shave ice machine and pretend that I am sitting on the benches outside Matsumoto's. Sigh......
Aw I love hearing your thought on both of them, and I think it's so awesome you got to do her photos! How exciting!! I can't wait to see more and the retouched!!
Amy you're Awesome!
Jonathan and I would both like to say thank you for that very kind and loving tribute.
Everything you spoke about in your post is true. We love each other Very much. Jonathan would do anything for me, and I for him.
Love is sacrifice of self to become a better person as one, and with God.
Tanks for having a great time with us and making the pictures, even better than we could have hoped.
We love you!
<3 Candi and Jonathan
I like how you captured their sweet moments...what a photographer you are becoming!
you did such an awesome job with the pics! candi looks so beautiful. i'm glad you could do that for them. fun trip to cali. love seeing pics of the cousins.
congrats to your cousin..that's an incredible story..i wish them all the best..and congrats to cambria for always having it on "green" in school..what a good little girl..AND i think it's the cutest that you had a dinner for her!!
What a great post... I'm so in love with all of these pics. You did such a great job... you captured some really sweet moments. I need to meet Candi and Jonathan someday they seem like two balls of sunshine to me!
I love reading Candi's blog...she could go on forever about how much she loves her sweetheart! I think they are such a great example of pure and simple unconditional love. Your pictures look really great, you really seemed to capture their happiness!
These pictures are really cute, I'm looking forward to seeing the announcement picture you post, it looks like a fun photo session!
So talented Amy, love the pics you did a great job. Candi's ring is beautiful and big! I am so happy for her, she is an amazing girl and deserves to be happy, she will make a great wife.
She is beautiful! What a lucky girl to have found such a great man - the pictures are sweet!
Post a Comment