So, today my kids (Kai and Cambria) enjoyed a day off of school due to snow even though we didn't get any. We are in the same school district as Vegas, so what they do, we do. Funny.
We didn't want to be left out of the of the snow club though so we hopped in the car and drove to Cedar City! Along the way, we saw some unusual sites.
We were very luck to find the perfect sledding hill near and old hospital. And the best part - since all the kids in Cedar were in school (because to them snow in not a novelty) we had it all to ourselves!
We were very luck to find the perfect sledding hill near and old hospital. And the best part - since all the kids in Cedar were in school (because to them snow in not a novelty) we had it all to ourselves!
Cambria had the most fun, I think. She was the one who was best dressed for the weather. Kiera wanted to spend most of her time lying on her belly, eating the snow (thank goodness it was all white!) and I don't think Malachi liked it at all. He had a few moments of pleasure, but I think the four layers of clothing he was wearing made him feel too restricted. As soon as I took of all his snow gear and let him run around in the car, he was all smiles.
I made sure that I packed everything under the sun (plus extra) that the kids could possible need, but I forgot to pack and extra pair of shoes for myself. Kai insists that he reminded me to take another pair of shoes, but I must not have heard him. I don't have snow boots so I wore my tennis shoes. They served their purpose and my toes didn't freeze, but they were completely drenched at the end of our sledding sessions. We had a few errands that we needed to run on our way home in St. George, and I was shoeless. It just wouldn't do. So, our first St. George stop was to Payless. Kai carried me in the store from the car on piggy back. I did have socks at least. I was a little embarrassed, but what could I do? The two sales girls looked at me and giggling said, "you need shoes- it's buy one get one half off ( BOGO!) day" I did however only choose one pair to spend my money on. Though Kai hates the shoes I picked (my girls like them though) he was very proud of me for saving money instead of BOGO-ing.





14 comments:
I think your shoes that you got were cute! Of course we have snow here, so I couldn't wear those kind of shoes until spring. : )
We have a Cafe Rio just down the street and it is by far my most favorite restaurant! Love it! I'm glad you like it too.
Glad that you are blogging again. It's been a while.
We live up a hill and it is always so scary when it snows to get down the hill to take the kids to school. Since the 11 years that we have lived here, the girls have never had a snow day!
I love your hat and new shoes! I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering what fun you guys got to do on our "snow" day!
Cute shoes!
What a fun day for you all! I wish it snowed here then it would make having to deal with the cold & rain worth it!
Are you coming this way for Christmas?
A SNOW DAY?? how fun!
Well Im glad you never get snow can we trade places? It won't stop here!! I'm already sick of it, but I am glad you guys got the day off and got to play!!
I love those shoes, they're cute and I bet you got a great deal!! I love driving by the temples and seeing they're lights. Salt Lake is beautiful this year.
I love picture of Malachi and you.
First of all, those a perfect shoe! I think I will get the same pair. Funny that you had a snow day, but a great it was a fun family day. We are practially stuck at our house with all the snow! Hope you guys have a great Christmas.
Looks like you guys had a blast in the snow! I can not wait to play in our snow! And I have to say that your shoes, I LOVE YOur shoes! I might have to go to payless and get those shoes too. I am always looking for cute flats!
that's so funny that kai left his keys in the car!!!! what a fun time you guys had in the snow...i loved all of those pictures..i bet your kids had a blast!!
I completly know what you are talking about! Just last week, school was canceled the night before the storm even came! And it never snowed, just froze the rain on the streets for a few hours! Even the Air Force Base closed down for the day, and they went ahead and cancelled school for the following day while they were at it! Crazy Southerners! ; )
Love that you drove for SNOW on a snow day!
Cute shoes too.
What a fun mom you are - appeasing ogres!
Amy, Unbelievable, I can't believe it snowed that much. it looks like you had a blast sledding. and bonus, you got new shoes out of it. :-)
looks like a lot of fun in the snow. that's so weird it didn't snow in mesquite. and I love the shoes.
looks like a lot of fun in the snow. that's so weird it didn't snow in mesquite. and I love the shoes.
That's so nice that you took your family on a snow hunt...and glad you found plenty! Looks like you guys had a blast!
It was fun getting caught up on you guys again...I took a hiatus as well. :) Happy belated birthday to Kai and loved the picture of the keys in the door. Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Post a Comment