Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quirks and Hello chocolate, oh, how I've missed you so!

I didn't mean to take a blogging break. I just have had lots to do!
This first part is for you Gloria. It took me a long time to think about my quirks and figure out which ones I am willing to share.

Here they are: 6 quirks that belong to AMY DAVIS

1. I sleep with at least three pillows. Don't know why I do this, but recently it has been quite beneficial since Cambria sneaks in to sleep with me at night. She kicks a lot and I have been able to create a pillow wall as a line of defense.

2. I am extremely scared of chickens. Again, I don't know why. It could be because I have eaten so many of them and I don't like to picture them as having a life before they are frozen breasts and tenders in my freezer. Or maybe it's because they still run around after their heads are cut off. It's just gross.

3. I have a strange fear of not having enough time with the ones I love. Like they will be taken from me at any moment. Every time I get ready to go into the hospital to have a baby, I leave farewell love notes to my hubby and kids in my journal - just in case. Every time one of my little ones goes in for a surgery I worry obsessively all night that I won't ever see them again. I know this is weird too. It's probably because my Dad died when I was young and didn't get enough time with him- hey I am psychoanalyzing myself right now!!!

4. I am a horrible speller. I think I used to be good until I took Spanish in high school. For some reason that really screwed me up. Or I might have always been horrible.

5. I always put the parking break on. I didn't realize that this was an unusual thing, but it drives Kai nuts. He can't understand why I put the parking break on when I park in our garage that is on level ground.

6. I often repeat myself when giving directions to my children. I blame this on teaching special education. Repetition was key with that group but is not always necessary for my kids. For example, "Kiera, take your shoes and put them in the shoe spot, then throw your trash away, okay, put your shoes in the shoe spot then throw your trash away." I didn't realize that I did this either until Kiera told me one day, " Mom, you told me that two times okay?!"

Alright: I am supposed to tag 6 but I only want to tag three: Leah Ferg, Heidi Ferg, and . . . hmmmmm Elizabeth Garner!! Write about 6 quirks and then tag three (or six if you don't want to cheat like I did) to do the same.

In other news, my life has been very exciting this week because I am no longer nursing and that means HELLO to all the beautiful foods that I have been missing for a WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR!! My children are born with very sensitive stomachs and often get bloody rashes when I am not careful about the food I eat. So I have learned to abstain from certain things. But that is no longer necessary and I can again enjoy the foods that I love. I had chocolate and brownies and strawberries and raspberries dipped in chocolate. I had pizza with garlic bread and spaghetti with the RED sauce, I made salsa from scratch and even made tortilla chips. I had baby bell peppers dipped in ranch dressing. I had lasagna and broccoli fettuccine and I am so happy! And no, this was not all consumed in the same day. I better stop my binging though because I am still trying to lose weight!! Ahh, but my taste buds have been so happy and my family had also been happy that our dinners have improved!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to post mine as well. Those are funny! I have never really tought about it because I am not around them but chickens are pretty freaky! You are a good woman to still nurse through that. I unfortunately don't produce enough milk so I nurse as long as I can.

Leah said...

Ok I promise to repost, even though I know I'll have no one to tag! I can only imagine how wonderful it is to be able to eat whatever your want now that your not nursing. Even though I didn't nurse exclusively for very long I remember eating a few things that made Alex have an upset tummy and it was a nightmare.

Stephanie said...

Love your quirks...and that was--hands down--the yummiest post I've read in a very long time. :) I feel so happy that you are done breastfeeding.

Danielle said...

One year? You're my hero. I'm lucky if my kids get one month out of me. Maybe it would give me a good reason to abstain from brownies and chocolate though =)

The Dean Family said...

what a great idea for the primary kids! i couldn't have made it in those days either:) that is so funny that chickens scare you!! and i'm so happy that you get to eat whatever you want now...that must've been hard to control yourself for so long:)..but i guess when you have your little one in mind it makes it easier!