
It scares me to think that next year I will be on a schedule. That I will actually have to get somewhere everyday at a time that someone besides myself has scheduled. I am talking about kindergarten. Maybe I can chalk my crazy antics up to sleep deprivation, but how long can I use that excuse. My girl's had a dance recital at 6pm on Friday. Or so I thought. I had them ready by 4:30 and gave myself the rest of the time to nurse my baby and get myself ready. I thought I would have plenty of time and show up early, maybe help the teacher get things in place, Get my girls used to the stage, etc. Well I get a phone call from my friend at 5:07. She says, " Where are you? How come you aren't at the recital." I instantly go into a panic as she tells me that it started at 5pm not 6pm. CRAP! "Get your shoes on, get in the car NOW!" Luckily we live two minutes away from the rec center where the recital was being held. But I had to call all the people we invited to tell them about the change. It really sucked and luckily everyone made it except one of our family members. WE were so sad that Amanda missed it.
.


We love watching our little ones dance! I think Cambria also picked her nose while she was up there. I didn't get very many pictures of the actual dance because I was too busy cam cording. Kai was meeting me there and I don't know where he ended up sitting. I am sad to say I didn't get any pictures of Kiera, only video and I had to crawl half way across the floor to get the shot because someone stood in front of me at the last second and cut off the only good angle I had. Cambria had a great time and Kiera did so good for her first dance! after their teacher gave them candy canes being climbed by gummy elves.

After the recital, Maama and Papa took us out to eat at Los Lupes, one of the tasty little Mexican food places by our house. Koko and Kim ( Kai's brother and his wife,who did make it to the recital) are visiting from Kansas. They got to come to the recital last year too. We really miss these guys.
That is our baby, not theirs:)

Finally to the planting. This is one thing that I love doing with my kids that hasn't been done for along time. They love to help me in the garden. We always plant a little ornamental cabbage for some color during the winter. I think it makes them feel grown up. Its not exciting, but it creates memories.
7 comments:
Hi, my name is Miken, an old missionary companion of Lynne's. I would love for you to email me. I tried emailing you, but it did not go though. I have some buisness questions for you. bikenmiken@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks so much.
great photos! your girls are adorable and your little guy is getting so big...a garden is the funnest for little ones..i should start one up..but then i get scared nothing will grow:(
Hey Josh,
My name is Randy Hahn. I am your cousin. My mom and your mom are step sisters I think...My grandmother is tutu, which is your grandmother too. My wife has a friend named megan who has a blog named new big idea that has a link to mark and patrias blog which has a link to yours, and thats how I stumbled upon your blog. Anyways looks like you have a nice family. You can visit our blog if you like. righthahn.blogspot.com
see ya
You captured that scenario perfectly! How fun to be you! Thanks for the surprise call today - I'm so glad you were you and not a telemarketer (aren't I rude?!) Good luck with kindergarten, that year is the worst - a 2 1/2 hour break is still hectic! Love the gardening.
That is just too cute. I can't wait for dance recitals.
I love that you can plant stuff right now. My ground is frozen and I wish I could have color in my yard right now other than white!
Oh and by the way Miken is my friend. She doesn't know what to call me cuz we were on a mission together and of course we went by last names. She wants to know about your vinyl lettering business and how you guys organized it cuz she and her friend are starting their own business in TX.
Hey! Super cute photos of your kids. John & I were talking & we were thinking that the next time we are in Vegas we want to come up & visit you guys if that is okay! We are there at least once a month so whenever you have free time. Hope you guys have a good Christmas. PS- we are in So. Cal, near Temecula so next time you are here, pay us a visit!
i really should get my girls into dance. we've done gymnastics and soccer for elle, but no dance. maybe after christmas i'll look into it. elle would really like it. your girls are so cute!
Post a Comment