Thursday, December 6, 2007

Malachi's Special Day

It is so hard to find a picture that really shows how cute this baby is. He hates camera flashes and he always wants to have his hands by his face. Because of this many pictures don't turn out. So his eyes look a little funny in this, but I just love him anyway.
This boy has sister who really, really, really love him. I have a feeling that they are going to be very protective.


I was both supremely pleased and slightly disappointed with this event. Pleased because it was beautiful, disappointed because I hardly have any pictures of it. The family left so quickly after, I didn't have time.

Kai gave the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard. It sounded like he had written it all down and was reading this wonderful message that he had prepared. He told Malachi that he blessed him to live up to his name because it is a name of strength. Malachi was God's messenger in the bible and that it would be his duty also to proclaim the gospel. He said that his Hawaiian name, Ho'okele, means navigator. He said that in times of trial or obstacles that he wanted Malachi to navigate his life like the ancient Hawaiians navigated their ships, looking towards the heavens for guidance.

I am just paraphrasing here. I wish they recorded baby blessings like they do patriarchal blessings. Of course there was more too it, I wish you all could have been there.
At the end of the blessing, Kiera said. I want to be blessed now. I explained to her that we blessed her the same way when she was a baby. She said, "No! I want to be blessed right now so I can see Heavenly Father!" Then in a sing song voice she said, Its my turn, its my turn!"

These are the people we shared our special day with: My mom and Dad, Sean, Ryan, Kai's mom and Dad, Ben, Amanda, My aunt Lisa, Marina, Teague, Corin, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Carla, Jordan, Amanda, Matt, and our friends the Warren's Kennedy's and Beth and Igor.

Thank you for being there for us. It really meant a lot.

3 comments:

HaYn Mama said...

What a beautiful experience for your family. Kiera must have felt the spirit and wanted more of it to want a blessing too.

I totally love the pic of the girls kissing baby Kai. That is just a tender moment.

Thanks for sharing such a wondrous occation.

My Many Coloured Days said...

I'm glad you could record as much as you remember. That is beautiful. You have a special son and husband. Those pics of him are great - and with the girls! Don't you just love how they love their siblings! You are a wonderful mommy!

Nicole said...

What a cute little boy! And your girls look so festive in those dress! I am glad that you recored what you could remember...he will love it in the furture.

As for the Heritage Makers...Yes it sounds like you have the same thing. I need to email you about it...They have a new program, and new scrapbooking pages. Talk to you later!