Thursday, December 20, 2007

Baby, Baby

My Little boy is three months old! Where does the time go, and for that matter, why has my belly not disappeared with the time?! Usually I am back to normal by now, but alas, I still have a way to go. But this is not about me, this is about my boy. I just love him so much. I was so scared to have boy because I don' t know, the fear was irrational, but it was there nonetheless. But I am completely in love with this sweet little boy. He is calm and sweet and happy and a true blessing to our lives. The girls are great with him and it is so sweet to watch them interact. He still has a hundred different names: Bubba, Dada (don't know why), brother, Kai, Malachi, etc. He'll either answer to everything or nothing.
In other news, we only get to have our little tiny tree this Christmas. Kai seems to think this is funny. Personally, I think he planned it to work out this way, us being treeless I mean. He wasn't really excited about getting a tree so he kept putting it off every time we had plans to go. Well, I finally decided that I might have to take matters into my own hands so, I packed the kids into the car Monday morning and headed on down to the local Walmart. There were no trees left. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. I knew we were late but I thought we would at least be able to find a Charlie Brown tree. You know, ugly, sparse, wilted, something. But the only thing left were holiday wreaths. You guessed it, no other place to go in this small town. I could drive 76 miles to Vegas to look. or 36 to St. George, but quite frankly it was hard enough to pack the kids in the car to go to Walmart. I told Kai when he came home tonight that Cambria was really sad that we didn't have a real tree (me too)and he laughed. This was a confirmation of his designing this plot. No tree (or rather, a small tree) for Christmas. I guess I should embrace the Holiday Spirit and be grateful.

Still in other news, we had a security system installed tonight. It was an LDS couple who had spent some time in Hawaii that sold it to us. Cambria fell in love with the young girl and kept inviting her to dinner and asking her to come play in her room. I kept trying to explain to her that they weren't really friends, just salesmen. The funniest part though was when the couple left and the installation crew came to the door. I let them in and they were carrying power drills and other equipment. As the were entering our house Cambria took note and said to me quite non chalantly, "hmmmm, I hope they don't kill us." Ahhh, to live in her mind just for a short while . . .

8 comments:

HaYn Mama said...

OMG!!! My husband refuses to have a real tree too. He says it's a fire hazard. Even a small real tree. So we have a cheep fake tree. It works but I'm still a bit grinchey because I didn't get my real tree. On the other hand I'm grateful I don't need to care for a real tree. . .watering it and vacuuming up the needles.

Baby Kai is so handsome. He has such a sweet smile. What a wonderful blessing for your family!

My Many Coloured Days said...

My husband is the opposite. The BIGGER the BETTER. This year it is WAY too big for our tiny house. And no worries about the belly, my excuse is that EVERYONE is busy gaining weight over the holidays, so why should I look out of the ordinary - I'm just trying to FIT IN!!!! He is a cutie though!

Danielle said...

I'm still here Amy Lou... just don't have anything too exciting to blog about these days. I'm sure this next week will bring in lots of fun photos and stories. I do have to say your baby boy is adorable. It really must be fun to have a little change! I think he favors Cambria.... yes? Too funny about the security system people. Your girls are on their toes for sure!

Sunnie said...

cute post! i love reading what your kids say. i need to do better at writing down what mine say. sorry about the tree. and your little boy is super cute!

Nicole said...

It has been a while since I have been able to read your blogg. A lot has been going on. I love the dance pictures, Kassia is also in dance and loves it. Jesiah keeps asking when he get to go to dance class, do you think I should let him?! Your little boy is so cute. I was very afriad when I found out I was having Jesiah...what do you do with a boy...but they are wonderful and I love it!

Judith Watkins said...

Baby Kai is so cute! Glad we got to see some pictures of him. I think he looks like Cambria. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas even though you didn't have a real tree.
We had a fake tree and it is sad in comparison to the trees you can buy he at unbelievable prices! It's one of the perks of living in central NY. Keep up the blogging. Miss you as always. Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The Five that Jive said...

Hi!! I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog--I found it from my brother Randy Hahn. I'm Lindsey Johnson...and Josh (Kai I guess now) is my cousin. Is it ok if I add you to my blogging buddy list? I've enjoyed getting to know you better...and it would be fun to keep in contact!
www.thefivethatjive.blogspot.com
Lindsey J.

Dan Da Man said...

What is up Amy Carillo Davis. I stumbled onto Jake's Blog and now I've found you guys. CONGRATS!! on your little Boy. He's a stud. Looks and sounds like you gus are doing well. Just wanted to say HI!!! Dan DeLong