We have had a lot going on. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We spent the holiday at Kai's Mom and Dad's house in Logandale. He and the girls got to ride four wheelers, do sparklers and roast marshmallows. The food was also good.
Saturday we had a surprise party for Kai for his 30Th birthday (which is really Dec. 4) His family came over and we had a softball game at the park. My family was also here because we blessed baby Kai on Sunday. It was the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard. I'll post more detail about the blessing and Kai's b-day later.
I did want to tell you all about Cambria' s dinner prayer. She and Kiera have recently watched the Lion King. They were both fascinated when the baboon held Simba up at pride rock for all the animals to see. She asked why he did that and why all the animals bowed and I told her it was because the baboon (whose name I can't remember -Rafikki?- was presenting him as the future king when his daddy was gone and all the animals bowed to show respect. Well, at the end of baby Kai's blessing, Kai of course held him up so that the congregation could see him. Cambria immediately thought of Simba. Kai talked with her and told her that brother would be the king when daddy went back to live with Heavenly Father.
Okay, on to the dinner prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,
We want you to bless our food. We want you to bring Grammy and Papa and uncle Caca to their house soon so we can see them them. Umm, Heavenly Father, are you so happy that Bubba will be the king someday when dad comes back to see you? WE want you to make us some pink unicorns that can fly around and a small blue one for Bubba.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Surely, God must chuckle.





3 comments:
That is beyond funny. What a great imagination! I love the innocence of little kids.
And girl I hear ya about the need for energy. I understand how some mom's get addicted to certain pain pills. I was super mom after I had my second child because I was on purcaset(however you spell that)for delivery pains. That stuff gives me a high. So after the third pregnancy I just took tylenol. I'm a sugaraholic now to keep my energy high. I gotta stay awake to care for the kiddies some how.
kids don't have caffeine, they have red bull, because it give them wings, smells like bubble gum, and is in a small shiny can. i am asking for a segway from Santa because then i will be able to keep up, kinda.
I feel for you with the sleep problemo---since my kids have been sick the past few months I have put on 5 pounds by eating mini chocolate bars to keep me going....my advice- give em a humidifier & go take a relaxing bath!
Post a Comment