Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat!








Isn't Halloween a funny Holiday. I know all about the origins, but still it strikes me as funny that we dress up in costumes and go knock on doors and ask people that we would otherwise never talk to, for treats. Still its a lot of fun. Cambria said "This is the best night of my life!"


So, this year Cambria was the Island Princess. Kiera was too, but at the last minute she was really sad that she wasn't a horse. So I velcroed some yard to a hoodie and sewed some more yarn to the pants and voila, we had a homemade costume that made Kiera proud to walk door to door and say "trick or treat, I'm a horse." The day before we had gone to the elementary schools trunk or treat. Kiera did wear her Island Princess costume to this event and a lady said to her "ahh, what a cute fairy." Kiera glared at her and said, "I am not a fairy, I am the Island Princess." She said it kinda of snobby, like "da, don't you know."

Baby Kai was a cute little pumpkin. My mom sent the costume for him.

7 comments:

austin and cherisse said...

i like all of the kids costumes, but did kai goes a meth dad.

The Dean Family said...

your kids are adorable! how fun!

LollyGirl said...

first, I'm so impressed with your last minute horse--so cute! and 2nd, did you steal our baby for that picture of baby kai in his pumpkin costume? ahser has the same costume and same binkie and when I showed micah, he said, "is that asher? no beckam?" I love cambria's island princess costume, too!! was she any one princess in particular?

Sunnie said...

my girls would be so jealous of the island princess costume, especially elle. and way to go on the homemade horse. i probably would have just said "sorry you're being the island princess" because i'm mean like that:) and baby kai is too cute!

Danielle said...

Wow, homemade costumes and everything? You are super-mom!

HaYn Mama said...

You go mama whipping together a horse costume last minute! How fun! Lucky Kiera! Cambria was the most beautiful Island Princess ever! And what a sweet pumpkin baby Kai.

LollyGirl said...

so I guess my girlie ignorance shown through in my previous post. tonight at borders I saw the "Barbie Island Princess" movie, which I didn't know existed--the things you don't know with 3 boys!!