He's baaaack . . . and it aint a good thing. Our Local pedophile just got out of jail (again) and you guessed it, he lives right across the street from us. I can't explain to you the horror this strikes in me. And unfortunately there is nothing we can do to get rid of him because there are more laws protecting his rights than ours. He was in jail for a few months because he failed to register here in Mesquite, Nevada. He was previously a resident of St. George, UT. I guess that means my girls are back on house arrest. Maybe it really is time to move!
So, in other news, I realize I have been absent from the blogging world and I apologize. I guess having three kids hasn't left me much extra time of my own. To be quite honest, I feel like its a good day when I am actually dresses and ready to go by 1pm. Thank goodness I don't have any kids to take to school or other obligations that require me to leave the house at a specific time or I might really get stressed. Right now I am trying to take one day at a time and realize that all too soon my new baby will be grown.
Baby Kai really is so sweet and good. The girls love him so much and we share many precious moments together. Last month we even took our first family camping trip to a place called Warm Springs. Its 30 miles south of us, its church owned and its a natural hot springs with huge amazing pools. My only regret is that I forgot to take my camera!
We also just took a trip to California so Baby Kai could meet some more of his uncles (he has 12), family and friends . He also got to meet his Great Grandma whom we call Gigi.
I also turned 29 in October and have sworn that to be my last birthday. I will not age any further. How in the heck did I get this old anyway? Its feels like only yesterday that I was 19. Thank you for the phone calls and birthday wishes. They meant a lot to me.
This weekend we prepare for Malachi's blessing and are excited for family to visit. After that we will be celebrating Kai's 30Th birthday. I don't think he is aging. I'll have to find out what his secret is. Today he helped our ward move someone in and the Man of the house asked if he went to the high school here!
I am getting very excited for the holiday and wish that shopping was more accessible. The only store in a 30 mile radius is Walmart. I'm glad we have it but it makes me miss the convenience of my California home even more.
Just in case I lose my freedom to breastfeeding babies or changing diapers or wiping noses or making meals, Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
(I tried to put more pictures on, but for some reason it's not working . . .oooohh, I hear sirens, maybe they are coming for the pedophile!)





10 comments:
so i'm feeling like 3 kids is definitely tricky. i know what people mean when they say that 3 is hard. it's just a lot of work. it takes like hours (literally) to get everyone ready and out the door. i keep waiting to feel like i have a handle on things. hmm, maybe when jada's 1??? anyways, sorry about the unpleasant neighbor. that is no good. i wish we could see you guys. have fun with the blessing and seeing family!
Okay, your neighbor is freaking me out! That's for sure my worst fear. As for all of your other news, it sounds like you are busy. Are you still going to have to have surgery? And, oh to be 19 again.... living in Hawaii, working at Subway, and performing Animalhouse theater. Such good memories!
I have so many good memories of going to Warm Springs growing up! Did your girls love it? Have you seen the Desparate Housewives episode about how the neighborhood forces out the local pedophile? It's the only one I've seen. Maybe you can arrange a local strike against your neighbor too.
That is scary about your neighbor. We have a couple pedophiles in our neighborhood but not right across the street. I'm so grateful for the system that we can track 'em and know where they live unless like your neighbor they don't register. What's sad is that I don't think there's a neighborhood anywhere that is pedophile free.
And about the vinyl you are making, I measured the space and it's 9inches wide and 6 inches tall. I hope that's big enough. Thank you so much and no problem about the advertising. I'm working on spreading good news not the bad gossip!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your cute, cute family! I am sorry about your neigbor, I am not sure what I would do, probally not let my kids out of my sight! I know what you mean about the thre kids thing...Except on three days out of the week I have to get Jesiah to school. It does get frustrating. I have found that if I shower before everyone gets up I am a much happier person and I get more done....This works about once a month I think! Again have a great weekend!
Happy Belated Birthday, Amy! The 20's are over rated becoming thirty has it's advantages. Grey hair is NOT one of them. It's great reading your blog. Keep it up!
Sorry to hear about your neighbor. I hope the sirens were there for him.
Having 3 has been hard for me too. When one is napping and 2 are awake it reminds me of the days when I had only 2 and realize how much easier it was! Oh well, I LOVE my 3 kids. Having a girl is fun and my 2 boys keep me off my butt. I'm always running after them.
Amy, I LOVE that picture of your Mom and your kids - can you believe you have three kids?! Beautiful. I would be scared though - of the pedophile, not of having three kids. Are you seriously considering moving? Do you rent or own... anyways... you guys sure have been keeping busy! Life can be so much on the fast lane, but I'm always touched when I see friends and family enjoying the special times and moments. Please tell me getting older isn't sooooooo bad - you do it with such grace anyways! Miss talking to you girl... oh and internet shopping is the WAY to go! Hugs.
hey you have such a cute family, we have to go to utah in april so lets plan on dinner or something!
cherisse
that's so scary! you must keep a close eye on your kids at all times!!
I love the pic of Jill and your babies. So sweet. Jill is one of my favorite people in this world.
As for the pedophile, always keep your line of communication open with the Lord and your guard up. You will be warned of upcoming problems. Take extra care in training your kids to stay away from him, even though they may see him often and he may wave at them. They need to know he is a bad person and to never look his way.
Moving may be a good option, but you may face the same problem anywhere you go.
I'm so glad you follow the teachings of the church and were reared in a good LDS family. Your sweet children will be able to discern what is best in a bad situation and run from the evil.
Please be diligent in your FHE, family prayers, scripture study, church activity, etc.
Love, Sherrie
P.S. I am praying for your innocent children to stay safe.
Post a Comment