Glitter Shoot! Child Photogrpher: Mesquite, NV
-
I am the proud mama of these two little beauties (who are growing up WAY
faster than I would like them too). This glitter shoot is something I had
been w...
Friday, August 24, 2007
Hide the scissors
I can't bring mysef to take a picture for the blog or even to take Cambria's hair out of its small ponytail to even look at her hack job. Cambria has quiet time while Kiera and I take a nap. Kai happened to be home this particular day. When I woke up he said, "I have some really bad news . . ." His face was so grave, I thought, "oh, crap, did someone die?!" He then proceeded to tell me, that he had thought Cambria wanted scissors to cut up some paper. Wrong. She had really wanted scissors to cut the hair that was falling into her eyes and obstructing her view of her coloring book. She left most of the left side alone, but really choped the right side and back. She then tried to hide the evidence of the fallen ringlets in her jewlery box. I don't know at which point Kai found out what she was really doing, but Cambria tried to convince him that they should hide the curls that didn't fit into her jewlery box deep in the trash can. Kai told her that she couldn't hide her hair and that they needed to tell me. "Oh, Daddy, noooooo, please don't tell mommy." Like I wouldn't know when I saw that the hair by her right ear was a bout an inch long. My friend Jodi did a great job at fixing her hair cut and making the best of it, but now that her hair is soooo short and less weighed down by the length, the Afro is really making a good show of itself. So it will stay in a ponytail and clips for now. Scissors should be used with supervision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Aloha!! Like we wouldn't remember you guys! We too have thought about you two several times over the years. I am so glad you found us. I just started our blog in July and I haven't been very good at updating it very often with our crazy summer but I'm trying to be better. Your kids are so cute! We have two and one on the way as well but I'm not due until Feb. What took you to Mesquite? Do you have family there? Well my crazy two year old is potty training and has taken his pull up off again so I'd better go for now before he poops on the floor again! Kids you gotta love them! Keep in touch!
oh we so need a picture of that!! I am sure you are mourning the hair loss, but you will always tell the story later with laughter (hopefully!)
Please!Please! I want to see a picture. This is the second little girl I know who has cut thier hair off. I just want ot know what I am up against in a couple of years!
Oh! You totally need to post a picture. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. And how sweet is Kai? Poor mommy and daddy =(
that is so typical..all of my nieces have done that..so funny!
okay i can't believe this! i'm just waiting for it to happen at my house. mya has already had her scissors confiscated for a short time because she cut her dress she was wearing. and i did catch elle in the act about to snip off a little hair. but we are still yet to have a major catastrophe. just give us time...
Sorry it took me so long to respond I haven't been feeling very good this week so I didn't do a whole lot done. This pregnancy is just wiping me out!
Well I am only 14 weeks along so I won't find out for a little while. What are you having? I'm a little worried about being out numbered with 3 kids!! I just feel too young to have 3 kids. We are really excited though!
Oh Amy! I cannot believe that my Jaden hasn't done this yet. I actually think he has but not so dramatically just a few little pieces to test it out. He has cut holes in two of his shirts though--my favorite two of course but I suppose that's better than his hair, right?!! Be glad she didn't get a hold of her sister, that's what happened with my friends girls. You know, playing beauty shop.
So I'm just waiting for your baby news!!! You must be due now since I'm only 4 weeks out. I can't wait to hear how things go and what the final name will be!
GOOD LUCK!!! I'm starting to get nervous about the delivery so I hope you have a good story to share with me about #3!
Okay, this reminds me of two stories...Pam was about three and home with Daddy, I had Larissa with me, at work. I had just cut the girls' bangs the Sat. before. Pam and Shannon Bryant were in the hall bathroom and Pam decided her bangs were too long, sooo, they were about a half inch long when she finished. Shannon was smart enough to leave hers alone. Pam had her preschool pix taken three months later with bangs that stuck out and looked rediculous.
Larissa was about five and got her hair stuck in her mouth while chewing gum. She tried to get it out without telling me, but couldn't. I found a short spot while trying to put her hair in pigtails. She confessed and I explained that I could have fixed it with a little peanut butter. I then took her to my hair dresser to make it look better. It's a good thing hair grows back.
Love, Sherrie
Post a Comment