
Okay, so, this first picture doesn't have anything to do with the title, but it did happen while we were eating Grammy and Papa's birthday cake. I still laugh when I think about Cambria's little voice saying, "look, I'm a walrus." Where do kids come up with these things!

My parents came to stay with us for two days before completing their trip to Utah to take Ryan to EFY. We were able to celebrate my Dad's birthday just one day late and my Mom's birthday a week and a half early. Although, they will be here again on their way back home to California so my mom has to wait until then to get her gift.

These are the best cakes ever! If you have never had an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, I suggest you do so immediately!

While they were here we got to go bowling at the Virgin River Casino. The girls had been once before and really wanted to take Grammy and Papa. Even with bowling bumpers Ryan still lost to everyone, including Cambria and Kiera. Good thing he plays water polo, because there is no future for him as a bowler.

This is how Kai spent most of his night, but he still beat Ryan:) Isn't he cute:)

My parents new favorite place to eat in Mesquite is a little hole in the wall called Canton Chinese Cuisine. We had been telling the girls that we were going to eat Chinese food, so as SO as we sat down Kiera yelled quite loudly, "I want China!" Ryan and Kai couldn't eat enough of these little Chinese donuts. I am not exaggerating when I say they had about 10 each.

We posed for a picture outside the restarant and instead of saying "cheese" Kiera kept saying "china, china, china, china, china." It was really funny. We sure had a great time with my family and can't wait until our next get-to-gether.
5 comments:
fun to see pics of your family! happy b-day to them. i love the cake- so cute! and my kids call my parents grammie and papa, also.
"I'm a walrus". So cute and clever! Your little girls sound so fun.
amy..love all the pictures..when are you do with your baby? josh tells me to tell you to tell kai hi..josh said they were really good friends when he first went to byu-h (before his mission)..i love it that we can keep in touch now..you have a beautiful family!
OMG, I love the China thing. I wanna go to China too. And I love ice cream cakes from DQ, mmmmm.
Kai and Amy...how random was it to find your blog??? but anyways...it good to see that you guys are doing well. But one little suggestion, you know the Korean food is better than that dirty, greasy Chinese food. hey, check out the blog that Jayme set up for our family.
John Dosdall
Post a Comment