The beginning of December brought with it our new family tradition. On Kai's birthday weekend we drove up to Pine Valley in search of the perfect Christmas tree to cut down with our good friends Brittney and Cameron.

Last year, though the ground was covered with snow, the weather was warm and delightful. This year it was below freezing, with a slight breeze and we were so unprepared:) I have never been a snow gal:) Lucky for us, the cold wasn't enough to prevent a good time.


Cam and Britt with their tree . . .

Us with ours . . . well actually, they got switched on the way home and we ended up with each other's trees. You may remember that the past three Christmas's or so our trees have been exceptionally ginormous. SO I really wanted a small, skinny, not-big-at-all tree. This is the truth of the matter from my perspective, you aren't going to find the "perfect" tree unless you either buy one grown on a tree farm or your tree is made of plastic. I think I have also realized that I love the process of cutting our own tree more than the tree itself.

I'd take this fun tradition over the "perfect" tree any day.


We had to stop to get a yummy pie in Veyo . . . so good. I love the Lemon and sour cream pie . . . mmm. Kai's birthday is always a good excuse to spoil ourselves with pie. Sweet Kai is one year older and wiser, too. I love him so much and I feel privileged to spend my life with him.

This really is the best way to see our tree, with the house lights off and the tree lights on:) And in case you are wondering, our little tree is now topped with a star.

It is a little crooked, but it grew that way:) And there are two little trees next to it covering a place on the tree that is balding:)



This is a picture of Cambria accepting her third place trophy for the spelling bee.

I made this little sign out of spare floor board and scrapbook paper and though it is late in the season, I really want to make an advent calendar of some sort.

We had a great time at our ward party though we were sad that Kai wasn't with us. He had a basketball game in Vegas. He is happy to be coaching a winning team this year.



Cambria lost yet another tooth and after hearing that a friend received $20 dollars from the tooth fairy, she wrote this note:


Dear Tooth Fairie,
Please leave me at least $5 for my tooth. How are you? Can you tell me your name? Draw a picture of your house at the bottom please.
P.S. Your an awesome Tooth Fairie.
From your kid,
Cambria
Merry Christmas! And to all of you who sent us Christmas cards, thank you! I can't tell you how much I love getting them! It is a bright spot in my day. Someday we will be good and send cards out too!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! $20 for a tooth? It better have been filled with gold. :) Our tooth fairy is cheap. My tooth fairy growing up was, too. :)
One of these days, we will send out Christmas cards, too. Hope you guys are doing great. Love to all of you.
Post a Comment