Sunday, May 15, 2011

Long Sunday Afternoons

I love when Raia takes long naps and I get to do a few things that indulge my creative side.
I made lots of headbands for my girls today. This is the first time I incorporated peacock feathers and regular white feathers in my own work:) I was so happy with the way they turned out!
I also made some headbands for Raia, the last one is interchangeable between that hot pink flower and the purple one underneath it.


I am learning how to sew skirts. My friend Ashley came over and helped me make these two skirts. Tomorrow I am going to try to make another one . . . I am a little nervous to approach the sewing machine without Ashley standing beside me. I might have to call her to come to my rescue:)





That hat on Cambria's head is really Raia's skirt.
















While I worked on flowers, Cambria and Kiera did some charcoal art. They burnt the end of a tooth pick and then used it to draw these pictures. I was happy they were content so I could keep crafting.







Here are some photos featuring : Raia


My Grandma says she doesn't get to see Raia enough and she should because Raia is her namesake. So here are just a few everyday views:

Bath time: Raia loves to splash



Raia is deciding which foods she loves and which food she likes to spit out.






She is standing and two days ago she took four very tiny baby steps to me just because she wanted too. She'll be ten months old next week. I just love her!


4 comments:

Toshia said...

I miss getting new hair clips from you!! Your new ones are very cute!! I hope your sewing machine is being nice and helpful with those adorable skirts!
Raia is so beautiful!! I can't wait to come see her! Hopefully very soon!! I will call you this week. :)

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh those flower headbands are so cute! I am going to attempt to make them for my girls for Carrie's wedding next month! That skirt is so dang cute too! I wonder if I could make them skirts like that for the wedding too? Hmmm? The colors are turqoise, white and grey. So I was going to make the flower headbands in the turqoise color. Get a plain white shirt and attach more of those flowers on the top and maybe make a cute layered skirt like that one that you made! Raia is getting so big! I can't believe she is already trying to walk! Wow! You guys fit right in at the PCC! I never really got to explore it as much as I wanted to while I was there.

RightHahn said...

Your headbands and skirts are super cute. I know what you mean about needing/wanting a supervisor with you. Whenever I sew I always wish my step-mom was with me ... mostly because she can quickly show me that I haven't made as big of a mistake as I thought:)

Also - Raia is super-duper cute!! She must look adorable trying to get up and moving all by herself;)

adairfamily said...

Amy, I love it when nap times allow you to get things done that you have been wanting to do that is not housework! How did you make the rossette headbands, Brooklyn is a flowergirl this summer and I have been trying to figure out a headband for her and that might work.