Monday, April 4, 2011

Hangin' in there


You know when you don't have a choice but to keep on keepin' on? Yeah, I know you do. We all have those kinds of days.

I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open.

Kai and I got a new bed. A king. I haven't slept well since we got it. I don't blame it on my bed. I blame my kids who keep me awake at night.

Cambria said our family prayer last night. In it she said,

"and please don't let us be late to school tomorrow."

Unfortunately, that happens a lot lately; being late to school that is. I think I have been in survival mode since Raia was born.

Some babies are easy.

I know this to be true because I have had two out of four that were easy.

Some babies are hard. I know this to be true because I have had two out of four that are hard.


More and more I am thinking that good babies are less and less about parenting and more and more about personality.

Don't get me wrong, Raia is the sweetest little thing on the planet. She just has an aversion to sleep.


So here's me keepin' on. Because that is all there is to do.


And by the way . . . who ever says the economy is recovering . . . I wouldn't believe them just yet.

Our high school has to cut 7 teachers due to the budget.

Our elementary has to cut 10.

The other elementary . . . 5.

I don't know about the middle school.

I am so thankful that Kai's job is safe. Thank goodness for special ed being in demand.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

amy i miss you! i love love love your new header too!!! its adorable! cant wait to see you in three days!!!!

Sharie said...

Hang in there Amy! This being a mom thing is a crazy ride, but it's worth it. Actually come to think of it, LIFE is a crazy ride.
Oh, and if you have all the parts and instructions for your shelf out, I can help you put it together really quick when we stop by Friday night.