I have no idea why blogger is underlining my words. Blogger must think what I am saying is really important . . . so important am I! I remember running as fast as lightening as a kid with the wind blowing through my hair. Now the only time the wind blows through my hair is when the wind picks up in the desert. 
Today was the day of the relay! The top 4 fastest girls and boys were chosen from each class to participate in a relay race at school today. Much to our delight, Kiera's team took first place for kindergarten. I told you we have a little competitor on our hands:)

She was so proud!

Unfortunately Cambria's team had a different story. They gave a noble effort, but alas, they came in third place.

Kai is always so good at giving consoling words and I am always so good at taking pictures of him giving consoling words. (Don't worry, I console too.) Cambria recovered rather quickly from her depression induced by her loss. It only took her 5 minutes to fully engulf herself in the depths of despair. ( Yes, I am being overly dramatic. She was fine.)

Cambria made sure we all wore our matching "Davis Ohana" shirts. Every one complied except Bubba, he wanted to wear his "Captain America shirt- and that is his captain America shirt because it has red, white, and blue on it.)

So on to the baking secret . . . don't worry Lori, it's not yours . . . I swore I wouldn't tell that one and I promise I will take it to the grave. Lori makes and sells delicious gourmet cupcakes.

This is the secret . . . pudding. Most cake mixes say they have one cup of pudding in the mix, but guess what, go ahead and add a
whole box of chocolate or vanilla pudding to your mix.
The result is scrumptiously moist cake.
Mmmm, I want some right now!

Something monumental happened at my kiddos double birthday party . . . I met my very first niece from my side of the family . . . little Aarilyn. I have no idea how to spell her name actually. I think I spell it differently each time.
I hope I learn how to spell it the right way before she learns how to read.
I thought Arilynn (see- okay I did that on purpose) and Raia looked so much alike! They are both white, bald and female!
Can you tell which one is mine???

I think this is the last big birthday I will ever throw . . . It was just too much work! In this picture the kids are getting ready to play a water relay game. They have a bucket full of water, a sponge and an empty cup that they had to race to. The goal was to get your sponge wet in the bucket, race to the cup and squeeze out the sponge. First one to fill up their cup, wins.
It was fun but ended in a full fledged water fight.
Kai ended up squirting them all with the garden hose.
I was so afraid that their parents were going to be mad at me. Luckily, they dried off before the parents came to pick them up.

We also had the grand pleasure of having my parents come for the weekend. I love having them come for a visit. I miss them so much. Do you love Bubba's pose?
4 comments:
It is so good to see your family. It looks like you had tons of fun and that the weather is perfect. We had a few days of perfect and then it went down hill from there. Snow and rain and clouds. Baah Humbug!!
See you soon!
so cute to see a picture of sean's little girl!!
I miss Lori's cupcakes!!
Congrats to Kiera and Good job Cambria!
Thinking of you Amy! We should chat again soon.
Amy,
I love your blog! I read this cake idea and had to add a little trick my super, duper cooking Mom-in-Law taught me. Not only add any instant pudding to the cake mix, but also add one other egg. The results are so wonderful. The worst thing is that the cake literally is so moist that it breaks apart on your fork. Yum! I think this works best in bundts. The kids are growing up fast. It's fun to see them. Jian enjoys seeing his old Mesquite friends.
Diane
Post a Comment