Thursday, February 3, 2011

To My Friends Through The Years . . .

I am horrible at keeping in touch. I always have been. I don't know why I haven't worked harder to rectify that horrible trait. Even now with so much technology at my finger tips I find myself with little time to check blogs or compose emails. But I wanted to make this known to anyone who still checks my blog:

From my good friends in La Habra from church and school, to roommates who became more like sisters in Laie both in the dorms and on The Point, to classmates and carpool buddies that I survived my education with, to families and couples we shared our lives with in TVA and our married ward, to friends from Logandale and Mesquite with who I have parted ways . . . perhaps I am horrible at keeping in touch and our lives have twisted and tuned down different paths but your memories live on strongly in my mind. I have the gift of imagination and though it may be a poor excuse, perhaps that is why I am so bad at keeping in touch. When I think about someone, memories so vivid and bright rush to the forefront of my mind and I get the gift of living fond memories and events over and over. I know I need to improve. I have been blessed to have known so many wonderfully gifted people in my life. So many of you have touched me and forever left your mark.

I want to apologize for not keeping in touch. I also want you to know that I have never forgotten you and that it might surprise you to know how many times you are on my mind.
I am feeling nostalgic lately and I wanted to share my feelings in hopes that it might do you good to know that you are remembered, but more than that, you are loved.

9 comments:

Sharie said...

I love the new picture Amy!

Hayley said...

amy, i'm so glad we are back in touch. i love seeing your adorable kids & hearing your stories. i'm so glad that you and kai are still happy and going strong. i will always love remembering our drives together. talks, adventures and seeing the beautiful mountains and rainbows.

Danelle said...

I totally feel ya sister! College and Hawaii seem like an eternity away. Sometimes it feels like a different life back then. Love the new pic. Love to see you doing so well.

Judith Watkins said...

I think of you often too. Lives get hectic when we have kids. Life happens and it happens quickly. Keep us the blog, it' inspires me to keep mine up too.
lots of love...
Judith

The Dean Family said...

Amy!! so good to hear from you..hello..i didn't even know you were pregnant..that just goes to show you how bad i've been about keeping in touch with people..your little doll is so adorable!! you have such a beautiful family! how fun you guys will be going to oahu!! josh is on the mainland right now with the whole laie gang..they went on a snowboarding trip...well, i hope you guys have a blast..take care..and i'll try to be better about keeping in touch!

Kimberly said...

Amy, I love your new family photo! What a beautiful family you have! :)

JoAnna Anderson said...

What a sweet post. I'm so glad we are able to just send a little note to each other every so often...I still feel total close to you! Its funny because you talked about how vivid the memories are & reading your baby weight post I just thought of our workout days & how I will always think of you when I use that particular tape (and yes, I still use it!). Anyway, I look forward to a long awaited reunion. I cannot wait for my boys to meet those darling girls of yours :)

Fritters said...

Awe. love and miss you! (and I suck at keeping in touch too.) :) love your fam pic!

Betsy said...

LOVE the new picture! And, I think Jack and I want to come visit on our way home from Las Vegas the day after PResident's day... will you and the young ones be around? Let me know! or, I'll email you :)