Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Go To This Place Mesquite!

You are truly missing out if you don't pay a visit to Danielle's Chocolate Factory here in Mesquite. It's location is some what hidden behind Ace Hardware on Mesquite Blvd, but it is far from difficult to get to.

For years my taste buds have been dazzled by Danielle's wonderful white chocolate pop corn that I have received as gifts; little did I know that Danielle's had so much more to offer until I entered the small locally owned place of business this afternoon.

My oldest daughter's school class went on a field trip to Danielle's two weeks ago and she has been raving about it ever since. The class was taken on a tour of the factory and shown how different types of candy were made.

Once a week my girl's have piano class. When I pick them up I take them for an ice cream as a treat. Cambria, however begged for a change of venue and I reluctantly obliged.

Like an candy shop from the 50's with temptingly delicious displays of all types of chocolates protected behind rounded glass, Danielle's has rows of candy stored in glass jars on top of the counter as well. Danielle's owner, Fronda, seems to be as sweet as her wares. The service was warm and friendly and was very refreshing. We spent a $1.05 and came away with two sheets of dots, one jaw breaker, one large gummy whale and one gummy turtle. Our total was way less than we would spend on ice cream and just as satisfying. I was so glad that I let Cambria talk me into going.

From gourmet flavored pop corn, to decadent chocolates to all kinds of sugar candy, Danielle's should surely be on your list of places to go for an occasional treat. Danielle's Chocolate factory exudes a sense a small town charm and while it may not have the power to transport you to a simpler time, you are sure to leave the candy shop with a sense of sweet satisfaction.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It sounds delightful! If we head that way, I'd LOVE to check it out! I just love those kind of candy stores, especially Chocolate! :) I hope you are feeling well with the pregnancy. I didn't know that your girls are taking piano lessons? That's neat.

Christy said...

Next week we may follow you there after music class cuz that sounds wonderful.
Christy, Danna and Anya

Danielle said...

I like the name of that! I left a comment on you being prego, but I don't think it published. Congrats!!! So excited for you guys. And SO glad Kai is doing better. Such a great miracle!