Friday, August 21, 2009

Part Three . . . I know it's alot

One part of our trip was a plan to reunite former missionary companions Kai and Nato. They served their missions in the country of Panama. Nato and his wife, Yolanda, and their two beautiful little kiddos took us to a place near Liberty Park called Rodijio Grill. It is an awesome Brazillian steak house. We had so much fun hanging out with them and I especially liked getting to know his wife.
Cambria thinks that Nato looks like one of the guys on the Young Johnny Lingo. We went on wild game night and tried aligator sausage (nasty) and wild boar (not horrible). Cambria's favorite- chicken hearts ith fresh lime juice.
This is my Grandma. I love her dearly. My Kids call her Gigi for "Great Grandma." She lives in California near my mother but she was visiting Utah at the same time I was for the same reason I was (my cousin's sealing). We got to spend a lot of time with her and I am so glad. She made me take this picture so that she could show her hair dresser how she wants her hair done in the future. She was having a really good hair day:)
This is Gigi holding baby Daphne. Daphne, born to David and Rae, is the second newest addition to the Ostler side of the family. She is such a sweet little baby.



Our next adventure was a picnic down in the canyon. Life was pretty high speed at the time so Kai volunteered to stay back at the house with Bubba so they could both take a little nap.


The day was beautiful and warm - thank goodness for the shade from the trees. Cambria was smart enough to wear her swim suit under her clothes. This made Kiera very upset. She wanted me to make her swim suit appear out of thin air. Luckily I found leggings and a shirt that she felt like she could get wet in.




The face below is right before we found Kiera some clothing to swim in. She was very upset because Cambria splashed her on purpose.






Another really fun thing we did was meet up with some of Kai's cousins. It had been more than a decade since he had seen them and I had only conversed with them via the blog world. We had such a great time at the home of the Nelson's. All of Kai's family made us feel so welcome and comfortable. They fed us lots of yummy food and let my little girls play with their toys. My kids kept asking us if we could go back .



All of the cousin's kids . . . does that make them second cousins? I have never been good at figuring that stuff out.


This was Malachi's first time ever eating an Otterpop! He had five of them I think.


This is a big, BIG spider living over the Nelson's backdoor. They jokingly said they let it stay because it caught the bees or wasps that bothered them. Well low and behold It really does. I got a picture of it making a little bee it's next meal. My girls' were quite amazed and scared all at the same time.






Another high light of the trip for all three of my babies: stairs. We don't encounter much in Mesquite or in California for that matter. It seemed that every house in Utah had stairs. We couldn't get enough of them.


It was so fun to be outdoors again. The summer is too sizzling hot in Mesquite!





Thank you for the good time Nelson's and Haun's.


only one more to go and I'll be all caught up!

2 comments:

Toshia said...

I LOVE Rodijio Grill!! There is a Brazilian steakhouse in Vegas that is kind of close to it.

I should told you to try Training Table. It is one of the only things I truly miss about living Utah.

Malachi is getting so big!!

Kimberly said...

What fun pictures you took! Thanks for posting them. It was so good to see you guys. Wish you lived closer so that our girls could play together. They would love that!