Friday, August 28, 2009

First day of school and eight year olds

Well, it's that time of year again when swim suits will soon be put away and backpacks will be used in their place. Today Cambria is finishing her last day of her first week. Before school started she'd had nightmares each night and wound up in bed with her mom and dad. The unkown can be a scary thing for kids. Luckily our school has their open house BEFORE school started and Cambria was able to visit her class and her teacher. It took out a lot of unknowns and made her feel so much more confident about the new year. There are only 17 kids in her class. That will be a big difference from 30.
Cambria wanted a picture with her brother and sister. And yes, Malachi does have a pink bottle- that is what happens when you have two older sisters.


It is a brand new start for my little brother Ryan as well. He is 12 years younger than me and twelve years older that Cambria. He headed of to BYU this week. I am so excited for him. I had so much fun in college. I can't wait for him to have all the experiences that come with college life.
Kiera was mad that her piece of cake was not as big as Ryan's piece so she refused to look at the camera for the picture.
I also got to do a photo shoot with this little beauty. She will soon be eight and be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
For more beautiful pictures of little Millie, click here.

4 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

She looks so cute and grownup all ready for school! I'm sure she will make lots of friends and grow to love it!

Hayley said...

i can't believe you have a second grader! holy cow!

Amy said...

I don't have a second grader . . .just a first.:) The little girl I took pictures of is not my baby:)

Danielle said...

Oh my word, is Cambria eight years old? Or maybe I read that wrong, but first grade? I still remember her baby announcement picture. How time flies!