I have had lots of other things that I want to blog about but it just seems like I need to finish this out. Today was Malu's Funeral. I wish I could have taken a picture of her lying in her tiny little casket because I have never seen her look so beautiful. Her suffering was over and she was peaceful at last. She was truly, truly a thing of beauty.
This is what was written in Malulani's program. Her name by the way means under the protection of heaven:
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Born with Trisomy 18, Malu was not expected to live very long here on earth. She was able to stay 28 days, touching the lives of many people. Her life was filled with love and tenderness. Her parents were grateful for her time with them."
Candy said, "Now I know that miracles do come true because I got to hold my daughter."
At the graveside service, we released 28 pink, purple, and white balloons to celebrate the 28 days that Malu was with us.
Malu has a great mommy and daddy and a family that will love her forever.





8 comments:
What a wonderful celebration of Malu's life. It makes me think of how important it is to appreciate and celebrate every moment in life. Life is too precious.
Well said Kanoe
It's never easy to hear of a loss of a child however close the relation. After losing my 4 year old nephew on Jan. 1 2008 life has not been the same, but our family has been even closer as it puts the plan of salvation more in perspective. Noah continues now 4 months later still almost daily mentions Russells name, as they were close cousins as all of them were as they live in Orange County. We used to live hour to hour not knowing how we could go on, now it is more like day to day, and some days are harder then others still crying for our loss. Eventually I know as time passes the peace will come mroe fully as we accept the will of the Lord for this child. How neat they sent balloons up too. You can see the balloons the primary kids sent up to my nephew along with all his cousins on my main blog page which I am sure you have seen. Hang in there Amy and family my prayers are with you and all I can say is talk often to your kids about this as this is a great testimoony builder for my 6 year old about the importance of the temple and all.God speed.
She is so precious! I'm so sorry for the loss and my thoughts are with you and your whole family! It definitely makes me realize how important it is to cherish every moment with our kids. Thanks for the reminder!
What a beautiful baby & so lucky for you all to enjoy her special spirit, even for a short while. My heart, thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family during this time. Thank you for sharing your special moments.
Little Malu is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings about her. Even though I never met her, through your words, I feel love for her and for your family. We will continue to pray for you all and may the Lord continue to comfort and bless you all.
Wow! She was so beautiful...it's amazing how such a tiny little baby can affect so many lives. Thanks for sharing the picture and the beautiful words.
Lindsey J
I'm sure my Bailey was able to welcome Malu to heaven.
Post a Comment