I have a really good Mom. My children adore her and so do I. We don't see her very much, but our visits are always so meaningful. My Mom understands that the most important thing that you can spend on someone is time and because of this my kids have already built up enough memories to last a lifetime. She is a very Strong, righteous, spiritual, creative and musical woman. The longer I live my life the more my mom's example means to me. She never gossips, never says an unkind word about anyone. She does what she thinks is right and is unashamed of that fact. When Kai and I lived with her I remember her scolding my brothers for one thing or another and then making them a big batch of cookies or something. She said to me something like this, after you scold someone and teach them the way to go that is right, then you show forth an abundance of love. I know I didn't say that as eloquently as she said it to me, but maybe you can get the idea.

Top 5 Favorite Memories with my Mom
1. Her singing to me when I as little every night before I went to bed and listening to her made
up stories about Mark and Tu and Bubble land.
2. Sitting next to her on the couch on the patio, one morning, listening to the rain before school.
3. Watching her try to wax my legs in Hawaii - it was so painful.
4. Getting pedicures with her at the little shop in La Habra.
5. Watching her read stories to my kids at night when we go to her house in California.
I love you mom, Happy Mother's Day.
3 comments:
what a sweet post..happy mother's day to you too amy..i can tell you're such a good mom!
What a great tribute! Happy Mothers day to you as well!
aww that's so sweet you wrote that about your mom. btw i love your mom she's so sweet and fun to talk too. how's it going over there?
Post a Comment