Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Number two

Love this little face. Wish it didn't have the pizza smeared all over it, but what's a mom to do. We have been trying to potty train Miss Kiera. I realized I was way behind a couple of weeks ago. Cambria was well trained by the time her 3rd birthday came around, I hope that will be the case with Kiera. I have until March 30th. She really is doing pretty well. She can do number one just fine. She still prefers to wear her diapers, but she usually lets me know when she's gotta go. We rip those diapies off and sit on the pot. The problem has been number two. She hasn't been able to figure out how to do "that" while sitting. She i s quite a regular girl and quickly became constipated. It was awful. Well, tonight we had a victory. Of course it was as we were laying down for the night when she told me she had to "go".I thought it was only number one but to my surprise we got a little more. To my even greater surprise we were in el bano for 30 minutes while she worked on squeezing it all out. She was very proud of herself - so hopefully we've go this problem, solved. When she is older, I am sure she will be horrified to learn that I wrote about this little experience.

In other news, my animal rights activist daughter, Cambria heard the nursery rhyme "Three Blind Mice" in the form of a song. She was very concerned about the farmer's wife cutting off the mice's tails with a carving knife. She kept asking me, "what did that say?" What was up with those nursery rhymes anyway? Like "rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub . . ." What kind of message is that trying to send?










9 comments:

Patria said...

yay! potty training gains are the BEST! sounds like you're there! this was hard at our house- ruby wasn't there until after 3 yrs. we subsequently don't have very high expectations for atticus (:

Angela said...

Don't feel too bad. Number two sometimes gets neglected. I pushed Ella to train before Walker was born, and then of course, she reverted about a month or two after he was born. She eventually figured it out, but on her own terms. So long as it is done by kindergarten. That's all that matters, right?

HaYn Mama said...

I wish we lived near you so we could throw Kiera a potty party. Going #2 is such a big deal. We had a pink party for one of my daycare girls when she went potty regularly for a whole month. It was so much fun it became a little tradition for our family. We had pink milk, pink cupcakes and pink party hats. We did our little potty dance too. We do a potty dance for every successful potty moment. . . Kolu potty trained in two weeks doing this and we had a chocolate party for him after a month of success. Of course it has to be the child's idea to go potty and not me forcing him/her the party is just for reinforcing the positive behavior. I'm so excited for when my Keiko is ready to have a potty party!

When Kiera becomes a mommy she'll understand why you blogged her potty success!!! It's just a monumental moment for a mother!!!

Danielle said...

The nursery rhymes question is all too true! "Rock a bye baby on the tree top, blah, blah, blah... When the bough breaks the cradle will fall??" That's not what I like to hear in a lullaby! Anyway, we have been going through the potty training woes at our house too. It's been okay considering Dane's not even 2 1/2 but I wish I didn't have to do everything for him!

Sunnie said...

i hate potty training kids. i'm no good at it. and here i am thinking mya is trained and she had 4 accidents last week!! where did that come from! i'm sorry for you and i offer no good advice because i have none.

austin and cherisse said...

you have some dang cute kids!

JoAnna Anderson said...

Your posts always make me laugh! I feel like I was reading our own potty training story as I am going through the same motions with my middle son, Evan! Always feels good to know that other people are often going through the same experiences! And by the way, I believe there is a reason I don't know my nursery songs by heart...they are horrible!

The Dean Family said...

oh the stories of potty training..boy have i got some:) i love the three blind mice story..so funny & cute!

Fritters said...

Amy, I think Kiera looks so much like your mother! Does anyone else say that? Hooray for the potty training success!