Saturday, August 4, 2007

Shark Reef

I am so sad I didn't get more pictures! my pregnancy fatigue is interfereing with my normally excessive desire to document everything in photos. Shark Reef is a tiny aquarium at the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas. Teachers get to go free during the summer so we took advatage of the opportunity. Cambria's favorite part (which has no photo documentation:() was the sting ray touch pool. She stayed for about a half an hour touch every sting ray that passed by. When we came home and went swimming in out own pool she alternated between pretending to be a sting ray and imitating the guide who sat at the head of the sting ray pool saying, "please only toch the sting ray's with one finger and a closed fist. Do not touch their eyes, nose or tail, thank you very much." She also might be the only one to ever have said "ohhhh, that sting ray is soooooooooooo cute!" Kiera was a little freaked out by the sting rays, but she really liked the white alligator. Oh, she also really liked the elavator.:)
Kiera with baby Tarzan waiting to go on the elevator.
Add Image

5 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Fun times! I love the sting ray comments! Maybe you should put Kai in charge of the camera for a bit ... I know that wouldn't help in our case ... but it's worth a try! Happy pregnancy fatigue!

Danielle said...

Oh, so fun! Cambria really is your beach baby, isn't she? In love with sting rays and all. I do love the last picture. Your photography skills paid off!

Shauna said...

I love that place! We went there the begining of summer and the kids loved it! Your little girls are darling. Kids say the funnest things. :)

Sunnie said...

sounds familiar with the stingrays. i don't think mya really wanted to touch them, either, but elle was pretty brave. i still can't believe that they would come up the side of the pool. it was very wierd!

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

I noticed that despite being right handed (you'd never know it when he is dribbling a basketball) Josh still wears his watch on his right wrist. Some things never change. Great pictures guys.