Friday, August 24, 2007

K-I-E-R-A

My little two year old (29 mos) can spell her name! We were teaching Cambria how to spell Kiera's name and didn't realize that Kiera was paying attention. Her teacher in nursery told me after church that she had asked Kiera how to spell her name, not really expecting an answer, and low and behold, K-i-e-r-a! The next Sunday we took two extra boys to church with us and she said to them, "Hi boys, I'm K-i-e-r-a!" Our pediatrician has always told us that Kiera is a very smart little girl. We know Dr. Mehta loves her but this story is funny: yesterday Dr. Mehta told us that her parents were visiting from India and had been spending time with their granddaughter (who is also very smart). They kept telling Dr. Mehta stories about her and Dr. Mehta would tell them stories not about her own son, but about Kiera and Cambria. Isn't that funny. We built a ver strong relationship with our Dr. because we saw her about every two weeks. Cambria always had strep (hense the tonsilectomy) and Kiera always had an ear infection (hence the tubes in her ears). The office even joked about putting us on their Christmas list.
Oh, yeah, so Kiera may have an IQ of 160, but, this evening she was asking me if she could drink the pool water that had overflowed to the ground. I said no because it was dirty water and tried to hand her her sippy cup. She then said, in a rather, firm voice I might add, "but this water is for cows!" So I told her she was not a cow, but a Kiera, and before I had time to finish that sentence she said, "mooooooooooooo!" So you know that puts things in perspective.

2 comments:

HaYn Mama said...

You know what they say about kids with a high iq. . . they have great imaginations too. I love this story!

The Dean Family said...

so cute! what a little smartie!