Thursday, August 23, 2007

Boy Stuff


I have some very creative friends that I just wanted to highlight. These are two gifts were the most original I'd seen. A cute little diaper cake with wash cloths and baby bath essentials, and a cute little wreath that says "it's a boy." Sometimes I still don't think that the news has really set in that it's a boy, not a girl coming. For some reason I am so so nervous. I know it doesn't make sense, but its still true. I have three and a half weeks left for the reality of the situation to fully grab hold of my brain. Don't get me wrong, I am excited, but for the last four years dresses, pastel colors and princess movies have ruled our house. This wreath is hanging in Kiera's old room that used to be a purple fairy princess room, so blue is a good start. Kiera now shares a room with her big sister Cambria (and still gets a little confused when I tell her to go to HER room-she often pauses between the two doors and you can tell she's trying to make a decision.) I am, however, very happy not to have to do another girls hair before church in the morning. I don't think we'd make it to church if I had three little afros to tame before a certain deadline.

I appreciate those of you who have wished me well on the last bit of my pregnancy. I will be more than happy to deliver this baby. I can't wait to see what he'll look like and what we will finally name him. Now Cambria is trying to convince us that Tarzan would be a really great name. Oh, I have a question - has anyone of you ever banked cord blood or researched it? I am thinking seriously about it and would like to hear from anyone who has had any experience or some kind of knowledge on the subject. Thanks!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

OH, so cute! How fun for something a little different. I can't believe only 31/2 weeks to go. It's gone by fast (for me hehe)! Keep us posted!!!

Chelsey said...

You will have so much fun with a little boy. They are a riot. Welcome to the world of bugs, robots, and Star Wars. And just because you're getting a boy doesn't mean that you won't have a 3rd afro to tame before church. Have you seen pictures of koston?

HaYn Mama said...

One of my neighbors does the blood cord thingy because her child's dad's family have several genetic diseases to worry about. So they have stored their daughter's stem cells for that purpose. I've never done it personally but my neighbor says it's very important if you have genetic difficiencies. She had another child with her second husband and just donated her child's stem cells because she doesn't have any genetic risks to worry about. She just looked for a stem cell agency online and it was free to donate. I don't know how much she has spent to store the stem cells for her first daughter. I hope that helps you a little bit.

erin said...

i feel some trepidation as well about welcoming a little boy to our family! But I'll trust chels and dani when they say it is great!Good luck on the final days.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

We researched the cord blood and it has a lot of good things it can do, it is just costs a little more than we thought to store them. It is probably a good thing to do though.